1.    #1  
    So, it seems like other devices can be charged using the Pro's microusb cables,

BUT

the Pro cannot be charged by the other devices' OEM cables. Interesting...

I even found that plugging the Pro's cable into a USB car charger would not work, though the same configuration works fine to charge a headest. Strange indeed.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    yeah, i had the same issue. i ended up buying a $14 combo mini/micro usb cable made by Rocketfish to replace the cable in my car. i tried the adapter with another mini-USB cable and it didn't work. the things we do to use our toys when/where we want to use them.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    I have a moto-q car charger and it works
    This has been covered in another thread on this site. In short you need what is labeled a "charging micro-usb configuration" It actually shorts two pins together to do this. A standard micro usb configuration will not deliver enough power but the charging format does.

I bought some no-name micro charger and it works fine. The good news is that a charging configuration should work on any micro usb device--just not the other way around.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    The strange thing is that when I use the original Palm cable in the car, connected to a Kensington auto car charger (usb), it does not work.
    So the two pins connected should be in the carger part, and not the Palm cable? Using the Palm cable connected to an usb port on my Dell notebook also works correctly...
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Yes. The charger should have shorted pins. Otherwise you could not use the cable for data transfer. Of course you can have a cable with shorted data leads as a work-around for a charger without.
    This adapter ought to work... The iPod Nano reportedly has the same behavior.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20