Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. jg70124's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
       #1  
    On my old Treo 650, the Palm calendar didn't adjust appointments for changing time zones.

    Let's say I have an 1pm meeting in Chicago. I would add it to Palm calendar for 1pm. Then when I get to Chicago, the Treo would automatically update the time for the new time zone. But the appointment would still appear on the calendar at 1pm.

    So for my first trip with the TP, I but in my 10 Chicago appointments at the time they were scheduled for in Chicago. But when I got to Chicago, the TP updated the time zone, all the appointments moved back an hour.

    This makes life hard, because Outlook 2003 (which I use on my desktop) doesn't have any provision for time zones. So is there any way to tell the WinMo calendar to ignore time zones?
  2. jg70124's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thanks
  3. cortezi's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post
    On my old Treo 650, the Palm calendar didn't adjust appointments for changing time zones.

    Let's say I have an 1pm meeting in Chicago. I would add it to Palm calendar for 1pm. Then when I get to Chicago, the Treo would automatically update the time for the new time zone. But the appointment would still appear on the calendar at 1pm.

    So for my first trip with the TP, I but in my 10 Chicago appointments at the time they were scheduled for in Chicago. But when I got to Chicago, the TP updated the time zone, all the appointments moved back an hour.

    This makes life hard, because Outlook 2003 (which I use on my desktop) doesn't have any provision for time zones. So is there any way to tell the WinMo calendar to ignore time zones?
    i schedule all my appts based on my "current" time zone. for example, if i'm in New York and i agree to a meeting with Chicago colleagues at 1 pm Chicago time, it's loaded to my Calendar for 2 pm New York time. when i get to Chicago the time zone automatically shifts to Chicago time and so does my appt: the appt is now scheduled for 1 pm.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  4. jg70124's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    i schedule all my appts based on my "current" time zone. for example, if i'm in New York and i agree to a meeting with Chicago colleagues at 1 pm Chicago time, it's loaded to my Calendar for 2 pm New York time. when i get to Chicago the time zone automatically shifts to Chicago time and so does my appt: the appt is now scheduled for 1 pm.
    Right - but that means I have to do the calculation in my head. Possible, but not optimal - especially when I travel to Asia or places where the time zone offset is 30 minutes (e.g. Canadian maritimes)

    BTW - this is also the way the BB works, and is one of the big reasons I gave up my BB in favor of my 650.
  5. cortezi's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post
    Right - but that means I have to do the calculation in my head. Possible, but not optimal - especially when I travel to Asia or places where the time zone offset is 30 minutes (e.g. Canadian maritimes)

    BTW - this is also the way the BB works, and is one of the big reasons I gave up my BB in favor of my 650.
    not necessarily, you can set the visiting time zone on the Treo Pro to the time zone you'll be traveling to (e.g., PT), schedule the appt and then change the Treo Pro back to your Home time zone. your schedule will change automatically. i use this method when i'm traveling east-to-west-to-central time zones so i don't have to do the calculation in my head!
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  6. #7  
    My head hurts
    I'm sure glad my job doesn't require traveling.
    Just call me Berd.
  7. #8  
    Is there any other way to put in times zones in this device?

    I frequently put in TV shows/Webcast shows on my Treo and use the Time zones (they usually say ET when i am using central time) so i dont have to make adjustments in my head.

    Hope you can help.

    This is another thing that Palm OS really did well.

Posting Permissions