Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1.    #1  
    Some of you may have used the above combination of software with previous Treos. PQzII gives devices with a hardware keyboard a ctrl key which can be used to input symbols, launch programs, task swap, copy and paste, drop predefined blocks of test in to fields etc.etc.

    Multi key hook is required to allow the keyguard feature built in to the treos to work with the software (otherwise it does not function).

    I have installed the Treo 750 version of PQzII in to my Treo Pro along with Multi key hook and it almost works.
    I decided to use a single push of the side button to operate as a ctrl key. For this to be the case you need to do a registry hack to allow the treo pro side button to have push as well as the default push & hold function.

    I'd post a link to the article on treoprotricks.com to add push button functionality but as I only have 3 posts I'm not allowed to post links

    Then in PQzII you need to enter 0xC7 as the hex string for the ctrl key

    Once this is done all works well, but the keyguard function is unreliable. It always turns on as planned, but when you turn the pro back on, sometimes pressing the 5way nav does not disable the keyguard, so you have to turn the device off and on again, after which is usually works.

    This is not acceptable, so for now I have disabled keyguard as PQzII is so useful.

    If anyone else has make any further progress in this arena I would be interested to hear their results.
    I have not tried any other versions of PQzII other than the 750 version
    I can only find V0.02 of Multi key hook
    I do not know of any other Treo Pro compatible keyguards to replace the integrated one.

    David. UK Treo Pro (Vodafone)
  2. #2  
    what multi key hook are u using??
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    what multi key hook are u using??
    The one linked to in this post below (note I've had to remove the url header to post a link as I'm <10 posts)

    discussion.treocentral.com/archive/index.php/t-141003.htm
  4. #4  
    My PZQII works perfectly! I think what I'm doing differently is that instead of muti-key hook I use the hookmgr.cab file on the MagiKBLite site at http://www.mobiion.com

    Actually I use all 3 at the same time with no issues and did the same on my 750. IMO this is a killer combo:

    - hookmgr.cab file (from mobiion site above, it is free for personal use)
    - MagiKBLite (same site - it is like Keycaps for a WM Treo, great deal for $14.95)
    - PQZII (free), also called Ctrl Key Pro

    IMHO all devices with a hard QWERTY should have this combo. For example, some have complained they can't lauch apps with QWERTY keys. Now you can.


    BTW, there is an awesome bonus I added to my Treo Pro setup. I sort of got my softkeys back! I have AE Button Plus also, so I used PQZII to map the Q key to a press of the left softkey and P to a press of the right softkey. (AEB Plus has command line codes I can call for this in the PQZII paramter window).
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Levinda.
    Since my post I have actually removed PQZII and installed MagiKBlite to try and get some similar functionality. I didn't think to try them both at once (or PQZii with hookmgr). I've now got hookmgr installed so I'll add PQZii back in and give it a whirl.

    What key do you use for ctrl on the pro?

    I've also recently discovered AE buttons and applied a tap of the side button to the task manager which works well.
    Also, what version of PQZii do you use?
    This page
    nicque.com/PQz/PQzII.htm (I've omitted the www as I don't have link posting permission)
    has various versions including a WM5/6 version and also a 750 version?
    Thanks.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaider View Post
    Thanks Levinda.
    Since my post I have actually removed PQZII and installed MagiKBlite to try and get some similar functionality. I didn't think to try them both at once (or PQZii with hookmgr). I've now got hookmgr installed so I'll add PQZii back in and give it a whirl.

    What key do you use for ctrl on the pro?

    I've also recently discovered AE buttons and applied a tap of the side button to the task manager which works well.
    Also, what version of PQZii do you use?
    This page
    nicque.com/PQz/PQzII.htm (I've omitted the www as I don't have link posting permission)
    has various versions including a WM5/6 version and also a 750 version?
    Thanks.
    Previously, I had used the ALT key (symbols can be mapped and customized via a function in PQZII, even though you just killed the ALT symbol function). However, another idea on the Pro is to use the calendar or messageing keys and keep the ALT key function. The codes are 0xC3 for calendar and 0xC4 for messaging.

    I use Cellneuron's attached version (also used it on my 750). The also attached gsgetfile.dll file (copy it to your \windows directory on your Treo) makes navigation to various subfolder easier and better when mapping apps in Cntrl Key Pro.



    I'm pasting the text of my response to the "No Softkey" thread here too, since it may be helpful:


    "AEBPlus allows one to remap the HARDWARE keys. So you can map the OK, Start, side, messaging, calendar buttons etc... Each button can be mapped up to 4 times:

    - single press
    - double press
    - triple press
    - press and hold

    The things that can be mapped include prgoram files (.exe or .lnk shortcuts), keypress emulations (like left softkey, or press or start button), and also builtin AEBPlus actions (like BT off/on or Toggle Screen).

    What AEBPlus can not do is map things to the QWERTY keyboard keys. So if you only wanted to use AEBPLUS, you could for example, map a double press of <start> to a press of the left softkey and a double press of <ok> to a press of the right softkey. This method requires no additonal software and is "stand-alone" as you put it.

    I personally use my method for a couple reasons:

    - Sometimes I want to double press the <ok> key to exit multiple applications and I won't remember to pause long enough to avoid having the right softkey activated.

    - I want to map all my QWERTY keys anyway and so I was always going to install Ctrl Key Pro regardless

    However my solution is certainly more complicated. After installing the hookmgr.cab from http://www.mobiion.com, you install Cntrl Key Pro (google that or PQZII) and then set up you mappings. You will select a "control" key that start all your map actions. On the Treo Pro (and all Treos) a logical choice might be ALT, which is what I use. This will of course, destroy you symbol ability, but Cntrl Key Pro allows yo to get it back and customize it so only the smbols you want appear.

    Then you map the AEBPlus.exe file to a press of ALT-Q and use the parameter command line code from the AEBPlus site to trigger a left softkey press. Do the same with the right softkey. The paramter codes are 0008 and 0009.

    I'd say unless you are a real power user who will want to use Cntrl Key Pro for additional functions (like user defined text phrases, call settings applets, etc..) the easy stand alone AEBPlus method may be the way to go.

    Also, let me say that the program hookmgr.cab is really meant to work for is MagiKBLite on http://www.mobiion.com. It's excellent - similar to Keycaps on Palm OS Treos. Highly recommended and very customizable. A great buy at $14.95. Hopefully that plug will avoid the MagiKBLite folks being annoyed at me for recommending their free hookmrg.cab file from their site. Seriuosly though, I wouldn't have a QWERTY keyboard WM device without it.

    Another way to make Cntrl Key Pro work on the Treo Pro is to map the "control" key to your calendar or messaging button. Then you won't need to worry about symbol functionality of the ALT key. I just thought of this, since my Treo 750 did not have those extra keys available. Just tried it and it works. The key codes are 0xC3 for calendar and 0xC4 for messaging."
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  7. #7  
    Do you have a keyboard layout already done for the PRO? If so would you be willing to post it for us magiKBLite users?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumboender View Post
    Do you have a keyboard layout already done for the PRO? If so would you be willing to post it for us magiKBLite users?
    Actually, the one it comes with is the Treo750v.ay file, which is the same layout and will work.

    I am ataching a slightly modified file that takes advantage of the most common symbols for keys that have no shift and/or option functions so that:

    P key is now pP% instead of just pP
    space bar key is now space:\ instead of just space
    period key is now ._= instead of just .
    0 key is now 0<> instead of just 0

    You can always import my file and edit it as you like using the MagiKB Lite interface. Just import all .lay files into \My Documents\MagiKB Lite\

    Also, to avoid conflicts with WM today smart dilar and phone screen make sure to use the MagiKB Lite option to "Disable in these applications" and pick both cprog.exe and shell32.exe (in simple terms these correspond to the phone and the desktop).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by levinda; 10/09/2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: More Info
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaider View Post
    ... I decided to use a single push of the side button to operate as a ctrl key. For this to be the case you need to do a registry hack to allow the treo pro side button to have push as well as the default push & hold function.

    I'd post a link to the article on treoprotricks.com to add push button functionality but as I only have 3 posts I'm not allowed to post links
    This is the link: http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...-Treo-Pro.aspx
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Then you map the AEBPlus.exe file to a press of ALT-Q and use the parameter command line code from the AEBPlus site to trigger a left softkey press. Do the same with the right softkey. The paramter codes are 0008 and 0009.
    First of all, thanks for sharing so much info Levinda, but I kinda lost you here. So, u r mapping ALT-Q to left softkey. From AEBplus.exe, do u mean editing the shortcut to AEBplus.exe and add parameters at the end of shortcut, or go into the AEB interface and edit something there. Can you please go elaborate on this step? thanks
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    First of all, thanks for sharing so much info Levinda, but I kinda lost you here. So, u r mapping ALT-Q to left softkey. From AEBplus.exe, do u mean editing the shortcut to AEBplus.exe and add parameters at the end of shortcut, or go into the AEB interface and edit something there. Can you please go elaborate on this step? thanks
    No. You don't actually do anything in AEBPlus if you use the Cntrl Key Pro Method to map the softkeys to a QWERTY key.

    You open up the Cntrl Key Pro setup (PQZII_Setup.exe) and go to Programs. Then go to the <Program> tab and tap <ADD> and use the following

    Key: CTRL (assuming you set up CTRL as some key in the <CTRL/ALT> tab) The actual phyiscal key you map can be ALT or Messaging or Calendar or any other hardware key.

    Code: Q
    Name: \Program Files\AEBPlus\AEBPlus.exe
    Param: 0008

    Then do another <ADD> for the right softkey replacing Q with P and 0008 with 0009. What you did is call up the AEBPlus programs built-in command line shortcut to the "press softkey" actions. A full listing of all the action codes in AEBPlus is available on their site.

    BTW, the command line codes that call AEBPlus shortcuts DO NOT WORK in the trial version. They can only be called in the registered version, I believe.
    Last edited by levinda; 10/09/2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: More Info
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  12. Dr. Bal's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #12  
    I have bought Treo Pros for both my wife and myself and have had no luck installing MagicKB Lite!! I even installed hookmgr first and did the reset as instructed, then I installed MagicKB Lite and despite a smooth installation, the program will just NOT work. Did the same on my wife's with the same dismal result. Do you have any suggestions as to the proper installation? Did I install in the wrong order? Suggestions please! We are both badly missing the keyboard shortcuts.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bal View Post
    I have bought Treo Pros for both my wife and myself and have had no luck installing MagicKB Lite!! I even installed hookmgr first and did the reset as instructed, then I installed MagicKB Lite and despite a smooth installation, the program will just NOT work. Did the same on my wife's with the same dismal result. Do you have any suggestions as to the proper installation? Did I install in the wrong order? Suggestions please! We are both badly missing the keyboard shortcuts.
    Make sure you actually select menu->keymap files->750lay. I struggled trying to get it to work until I selected this on the menu. Hope it helps.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  14. #14  
    I've posted a working MagiKB layout file for the Treo Pro here: http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...-Treo-Pro.aspx
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  15. #15  
    Thanks oVan.
    Love your site.
    I'm still not sure how to map certain kb letters to certain apps.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaider View Post
    The one linked to in this post below (note I've had to remove the url header to post a link as I'm <10 posts)

    discussion.treocentral.com/archive/index.php/t-141003.htm
    Fixed Link:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141003
    Just call me Berd.
  17. #17  
    I'm searching all over to find more of a step-by-step to get this working.
    I will post back if I find something.
    Just call me Berd.
  18. #18  
    I'm not a developer so please bear with me. If I install MagiKB layout file for the Treo Pro that oVan posted with the other cabs in his site, will I get the double tap functionality so I can type one handed? Or will I have to map all the keys? This looks like a great add on and worth the price of MagiKB, but not if I have to spend a ton of time mapping the keys.

    Thanks!
  19. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Thanks oVan.
    Love your site.
    I'm still not sure how to map certain kb letters to certain apps.
    i m also looking for the exact same thing. this is y butler was my fav sf on treo 650. i want a keylauncher app, so that pressing 'G' on keyboard would open googlemaps, for e.g.
    i m sure it's possible on wm, comeone developers!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    i m also looking for the exact same thing. this is y butler was my fav sf on treo 650. i want a keylauncher app, so that pressing 'G' on keyboard would open googlemaps, for e.g.
    i m sure it's possible on wm, comeone developers!
    If you follow the thread closely, you will see there are 2 DIFFERENT programs being discussed:

    1) MagiKB Lite which is like Keycaps on the Treo 650

    2) PQZII aka Cntrl Key Pro, which allows what you just asked for. You map a button as your "control" key, and then you map any key to any application launch after pressing that control key. So for example if you map a single press of your messaging button as your control key, you can map <Messaging> - <g> to launch Google Maps or anything else.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions