Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azlarry View Post
    I'm not a developer so please bear with me. If I install MagiKB layout file for the Treo Pro that oVan posted with the other cabs in his site, will I get the double tap functionality so I can type one handed? Or will I have to map all the keys? This looks like a great add on and worth the price of MagiKB, but not if I have to spend a ton of time mapping the keys.

Thanks!
    The Treo750v.ay file that comes with the app is the same layout on all Treos, so no mapping on your part is required. Just remember to:

- Install hookmgr.cab first, then MagiKBLite

- Tap "disable in these applications" and choose both cprog.exe AND shell32.exe

- Go to <menu> <Keymap files> and select Treo750.lay or Treopro.lay if you used Ovan's file or my file

- Choose how you want double tap vs. hold down to work. For example, if you want double tap as <option><keypress> select "option:1" under the double click drop down menu. If you also want hold down to be <shift><keypress> then pick "Capital:E" in the Hold Down drop down box.

BTW, once I got used to how the kepmapping worked, I was able to do an entirely new layout on the iPaq 910c in 15 minutes, so it really isn't that big a deal. However, the default file will relieve you of having to do it on Treo layouts.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    The Treo750v.ay file that comes with the app is the same layout on all Treos, so no mapping on your part is required. Just remember to:

- Go to <menu> <Keymap files> and select Treo750.lay or Treopro.lay if you used Ovan's file or my file

- Choose how you want double tap vs. hold down to work. For example, if you want double tap as <option><keypress> select "option:1" under the double click drop down menu. If you also want hold down to be <shift><keypress> then pick "Capital:E" in the Hold Down drop down box.

BTW, once I got used to how the kepmapping worked, I was able to do an entirely new layout on the iPaq 910c in 15 minutes, so it really isn't that big a deal. However, the default file will relieve you of having to do it on Treo layouts.
    Thanks,
    I don't now why, but my head was spinning.

I can Build Custom Roms, but key mapping, that's beyond me
    Just call me Berd.
    yep, My head too is spinning. This sound great and all. But wow, seems like a lot of little hacks are needed.

I feel like a baby again. So lost in the WM world.
    I got pP% working with levinda's latest instructions.

I think I was getting the two confused.

Now to move on to PQZII (aka Ctrl Key Pro)

Thanks again, levinda
    Wow, let me know how the PQZII works. I would sure like to get that on my Pro.
    One more question levinda,
    Should we use Cellneuron's version of Cntrl Key Pro that you attached or the PQZII version that you suggested we google for?
    Or are these two different apps?

The TreoPro.lay file that I posted here http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...-Treo-Pro.aspx contains the correct value for the d-pad shift, and I also added the euro-symbol to the string list of the E-button. Otherwise it is the same as the 750v file of course.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    One more question levinda,
    Should we use Cellneuron's version of Cntrl Key Pro that you attached or the PQZII version that you suggested we google for?
    Or are these two different apps?
    They are the same app. Either version should work, but I have presonally tested the Cellneuron version that I had attached, so go ahead and use that one.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks Daniel, works like a charm! Very cool!

I agree with the phone (cprog.exe) but why do you exclude the shell32.exe?
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    The cntrl key pro icon is there in programs but when I click on it nothing happens.
    I think I found it.
    You have to browse to it in file explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    I agree with the phone (cprog.exe) but why do you exclude the shell32.exe?
    Shell32.exe is better known as your today screen. On most Treo devices, (but maybe not specifically the Treo Pro) you need to disable MagiKB on the today screen or it messes with the built-in keyguard app.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I think I found it.
    You have to browse to it in file explorer
    To get to the "options" tabs, browse file explorer to \Program Files\PQZII\PZQII_Setup.exe

Now choose your "control" key and start mapping settings or programs or system functions to <Ccontrol Key> <any key>.

Personally, I suggest mapping in the system tab <control> <o> to PQZII settings options, so you never to have browse for it again.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Got everything working!
    Thanks levinda.

However; I get this Blue Line over Start Icon with Cellneuron's version:

And I get this White Box with the PQZII version:

Just call me Berd.
    I'm thinking now that the blue line is supposed to be there.
    it turns red when I push my assigned control key.
    pretty neat actually.
    I'm thinking now that the blue line is supposed to be there.
    it turns red when I push my assigned control key.
    pretty neat actually.
    Yes, it is, as you said it tells you when "control" is active waiting for a command.

You can change the position, make your own icon, or even get rid of it via:

PZQIISettings.exe and using the "icon" tab, which is 4th from the right.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Is this info the latest?:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=110

I find it helpful for use.
    Just call me Berd.
    Bringing this thread back up. I've noticed using MagicKB Lite that when sending a txt message my "T" is stuck on cap. I can't get the T to go to a lower case t. Any idea how I can fix this? I would hate to have to delete the program, I like the functionality and paid as well.
    Settings
    Double Click Option 1, Hold Down Capital E. I used the 750Lay file that was provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by azlarry View Post
    Bringing this thread back up. I've noticed using MagicKB Lite that when sending a txt message my "T" is stuck on cap. I can't get the T to go to a lower case t. Any idea how I can fix this? I would hate to have to delete the program, I like the functionality and paid as well.
    Settings
    Double Click Option 1, Hold Down Capital E. I used the 750Lay file that was provided.
    There's a Pro .lay available.
    http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...-Treo-Pro.aspx

<edit> Just did a test SMS. My t works fine - 1 push = t, 2 push = T, Hold = 3
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/04/2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: my t works fine
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast