View Poll Results: would you recommend this 800w to a FRIEND?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

55 84.62%
  • no

10 15.38%
  1.    #1  
    some may know me.... some may not.

i fell in love with the 700wx a long time ago and wanted the 800w to be even better. some said it was.... others said it wasn't. i went with the blakberry, but i am really missing windows mobile. i am going to give it my best shot. only i know if it will work for me or not.

a poll is attached. i would like to know if you would recommend this to a friend. a stranger is one thing, but a friend.... well, take the poll if you would.

Thanks, and wish me luck, Cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Welcome home, Cody. :-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Welcome Cody, hope you get one of the good ones .

I'd recommend the 800w to a friend, letting them know all the issues up front, which you already know.

(Given how Palm has acted with the GPS issue, they really don't deserve the "yes" I gave them. But if a friend could live with issues such as that I guess they'd be OK.)
    cody, I beat you back to the Treo. I thought you were waiting for the Touch Pro?

I've tried recommending this phone but after being honest on a few features many don't understand why I even own it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Not only would I, but I have recommended it to several people.

No one's gone out and gotten one yet, but that's more due to the price (having to pay near or full price because they're not eligible for the credits yet) than desire.

My wife keeps bugging me to get her an 800w too....
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Cody, good to have you back. I love my 800w, and am in the process of getting one for my wife once I unload my Mogul. I better have faith in the device if I recommended it to my wife. Otherwise, I'll never hear the end of it.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Ever since I got it, I recommended it to my friends.
    Just got done recommending it to a friend.
    This is my very first smart phone and I love absolutely everything about it. m/b it's due to lack of exposure to such great devices, I am so overwhelmed, but everything about it is superb (except known issues). My friend got 700w and he only compliments me on that in respect to everything... definately recommend to friends...
    Without any hesitation - all ready done.
    Yes.

Two friends already have, both are very happy.

One bought one of VibrantRedGT's, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    It's one of the best phones on the market. I would recommend it to anyone new to the world of WM or smartphones.

It just so happens that I no longer want to use one myself because the 700wx does so much more for my needs.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    yep. it's a great phone. battery life is a little shorter than it could be, but it's very managable.
    yea i have told my friends about it and showed them and 2 of the 5 i showed who are new to pocket PCs as i am got the phone and are really diggin it.
    Also not sure if this is true or not but when he got his phone the sprint rep said that he heard from up the chain that palm is almost done with an update to fix alot of bugs. I will believe it when i see it.
    I love the 800w but periodically i always lose all my info on my 800. I dont know if anyone else has this problem but it drives me crazy! Because of that i would not recommend this phone to my friends. I never owned the HTC diamond but i would recommend that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yes.

Two friends already have, both are very happy.

One bought one of VibrantRedGT's, lol.
    Tell your friend, thanks from me.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    I love the 800w but periodically i always lose all my info on my 800. I dont know if anyone else has this problem but it drives me crazy! Because of that i would not recommend this phone to my friends. I never owned the HTC diamond but i would recommend that.
    That's not normal. Can you be more specific?
    I've been recommending it since I first got the thing. 2 of my friends bought one, another will once the price on ebay comes within his range.

I personally love this phone.