1.    #1  
    Is their a Pocket Internet Explorer Upgrade coming? Because I did a google search and its call PIE 6.1, but were running 6.1 Windows so I guess we have it. And if it is the upgrade then it sucks all they added was Zoom out feature.

ps. I know about skyfire and opera 9.5, but PIE loads faster and I don't like the idea of sending my info to a server owned by a company using free software as nothing is truly free. I didn't mind with BlackBerry because I paid for it and they wouldn't its BlackBerry and if they did I could happily sue them and quit my job and move to Hawaii. + my company phone is a blackberry but its the enterprise server.
    Microsoft demo'd the new version of PIE at CTIA last April. It looked great (a lot like Skyfire or Opera), and it was supposed to come out with WM 6.1. It still hasn't been released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Microsoft demo'd the new version of PIE at CTIA last April. It looked great (a lot like Skyfire or Opera), and it was supposed to come out with WM 6.1. It still hasn't been released.
    Do we have any kind of ETA??
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Do we have any kind of ETA??
    End of this year is the only timeframe that has been mentioned.
    Try Netfront. It's in beta but it works better than anything I've seen yet.
    The Motorola Q11 looks to have the new IE browser packaged. It will be released on ATT in December.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    they aren't going to release it to all wm 6.1 phones...I hate ms for that reason...
    what the hell is the point of windows update on wM then?
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    what the hell is the point of windows update on wM then?
    If you find the answer to this one make sure to tell us all.

My guess: corporate users.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    that's the one thing I appreciate about iphone...when they come out with an update u don't hqve to wonder if it will work on your phone
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    they aren't going to release it to all wm 6.1 phones...I hate ms for that reason...
    Source?

I'm as pessimistic as the next guy, but given the recent article/screenshots/ETA (from the article, IIRC) my expectations trend toward "mid-2009" rather than "never." Unless you know something else...
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Source?

I'm as pessimistic as the next guy, but given the recent article/screenshots/ETA (from the article, IIRC) my expectations trend toward "mid-2009" rather than "never." Unless you know something else...
    No one knows at this point on how it will be delivered e.g. will it require a ROM update or just a simple .cab installation.

ETA is for end of this year.

Three other things:
    1. Would not be surprised if our ROM update has it (whenever that arrives)
    2. Even if it doesn't, it will be ripped and available as a .cab install, like other PIE versions, by the community
    3. Windows Update is not used primarily because carriers get final say on updates and they have not integrated their system with WU

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    that's the one thing I appreciate about iphone...when they come out with an update u don't hqve to wonder if it will work on your phone
    That's because all of them are the same. WinMo phones have the freedom and flexibility to have different hardware in different phones from different manufacturers. It's called choice.