1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Im looking for a specific RSS reader. I saw it on a picture of someone's today screen but can no longer find the picture. It had _1_ row on the screen with a little (standard) RSS Icon and it said 'X number of new headers'.

Does anyone know the name of this reader? I would very much like to try it.
    -tgwaste
    I just bought spb insight and I like it.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Viigo! free and the best.
    http://viigo.com/home
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TLCC View Post
    Viigo! free and the best.
    http://viigo.com/home
    wouldnt even install on my device.
    -tgwaste
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    Really? I have been using it on my pro for over a week now. No problems.
    Newsbreak by ilium software.

1 line on the today screen. Software works well i' ve used it at least a year on various devices.
    i'm using spb insight too and it works great
  8. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wongckel View Post
    i'm using spb insight too and it works great
    Haven't tried Viigo, but SPB Insight is way above the rest I've tried. It's the only one I've found that manages to consistently pull full articles and images into the main reader from the likes of BBC News, rather than just giving a 2 line summary and forcing you to jump to the browser to read more. After all, if I have to keep switching to the web browser to read any meaningful content, I might as well do it all online with Newsgator/Google etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    Haven't tried Viigo, but SPB Insight is way above the rest I've tried. It's the only one I've found that manages to consistently pull full articles and images into the main reader from the likes of BBC News, rather than just giving a 2 line summary and forcing you to jump to the browser to read more. After all, if I have to keep switching to the web browser to read any meaningful content, I might as well do it all online with Newsgator/Google etc.
    Another vote here for SPB Insight.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    my spb insight today suddenly couldn't start, anyone has the same prob?
    I tried Newsbreak, liked it but I prefer Egress which displays news items on the Today screen. I have used Egress for years and it works well with Treo Pro.
    Free one if anyone's interested. I stumbled on this one by accident and decided to test it. It seems to work, quite simple interface, nothing fancy. It's open source and can work from your memory card.

http://www.codeplex.com/beyondpod
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    Wouldn't install on my TP either, just tried it tonight.

I really want an RSS reader that interfaces with the Today screen by scrolling the headlines across--like PRSS did on my 750 but that won't work for me on the TP. Bummer.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  14.    #14  
    I ended up using NewsBreak. Aside from many broken 'Read More...' URLS it works pretty nicely.
    -tgwaste