Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am tired of taking out the battery on my phone.

I cannot get online properly doing tethering and usually a soft reset will get me connected.

Anyone know of a good soft reset program for the 800w?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I am tired of taking out the battery on my phone.

I cannot get online properly doing tethering and usually a soft reset will get me connected.

Anyone know of a good soft reset program for the 800w?

Thanks!
    I use an app called tMan which provides a nice task manager and includes a soft reset function.

pShutXP gives you an XP-like interface for restarting your phone.

There are many others out there as well.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    PSShutXP
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...load-9142.html

you can download skins also ..don't have link with me though
    Soft Reset 1.1
    http://freewareppc.com/utilities/sof...pocketpc.shtml

It does one thing: soft reset your device...very small app..7kb
    The Task Manager by FDCSoft includes a soft reset utility "Reset PPC" and has a lot of other good features.
    Bunches of them. I though believe in using applications with multiple functionality. So I deleted the ones I had and use Quick Menu.
    I tried this soft reset pShutXP. Was wanting to try one of the other programs. When I tried to remove it, it would not remove all of the program. It leaves in something called Display switch. Any idea on how to get ride of this? When I do a soft reset I get an error saying the file psshutxp cannot be opened. Either it is not sighned with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. reinstall or restore the file. I want to remove all of the program.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone.

I use SoftReset and it work just fine.

I been resetting my phone all the time because I tether with PDAnet and I can tell you frankly, the 800w need alot of reboot compared to the Mogul. The Mogul tether great on the PDAnet.
    why use pdanet at all? just use the registry edit for internet sharing and don't worry about having to reset all the time...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I tether every day with PdaNet (2.0) and never need a reset--works flawlessly, especially compared to the 700wx which crashed all the time.

sometimes I wonder what you folks do to your phones to make them so unstable, lol.
    pshutxp wouldnt work everytime for me... it would freeze, etc so i removed it.
    In my programs I have an icon for display switch. it is part of the pshutxp, how do I get rid of it.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I have Agile Messenger and Skype running all the time.

I cant sync my work laptop with my 800w.

All in all, my experience with PDANet on 800w has not been smooth compared to the Mogul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gade500 View Post
    In my programs I have an icon for display switch. it is part of the pshutxp, how do I get rid of it.
    Uh, in File Explorer go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and then delete it???