1.    #1  
    phoneAlarm Change log

v2.09 [Build 310] (6th October 2008)

* IM Alarm not cancelled when item opened
    * SIP Setting not saved in Advanced settings
    * Resolve some backlight issues
    * Fix stability issue with Voicemail Prompt dialog (if scroller active)
    * Fix WLAN switch-off ignored when device sleeping on some devices
    * Device Lock freezes skin refresh

Any body try this
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I haven't yet, but you know that you can always download it and trial it. Don't always wait on others to TOFTT.
  3.    #3  
    will TOFTT .... was checking if any body else have used it
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    will TOFTT .... was checking if any body else have used it
    Your results?
  5.    #5  
    not good.... phone was freezing.... default skin looked ugly....
    eneded by doing a hard reset........
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    not good.... phone was freezing.... default skin looked ugly....
    eneded by doing a hard reset........
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Worked fine for me(although the default skin IS ugly). on 2.1 beta now, still working well.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    whatever you do... DO NOT INSTALL PHONEALARM AND TREOALERT THE SAME TIME. It totally fubared my 800w like you would't believe. Hard to hard reset and reinstall everything... my stupid mistake for not backing up first...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I also had problems with PA. It kept changing my backlight time to over 5 minutes on all. I would put them back to 1 minute but everytime I soft reset they would go back to 5. Started deleting apps one at a time and finally found that PA was the problem. Once I uninstalled it I never experienced the back light problem.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    whatever you do... DO NOT INSTALL PHONEALARM AND TREOALERT THE SAME TIME. It totally fubared my 800w like you would't believe. Hard to hard reset and reinstall everything... my stupid mistake for not backing up first...
    I can confirm this..I can't have both of them on at same time or I have major major problems.
    I have 2.10 installed, it's working fine
    2.09 and 2.10 are fine

Volunteers with 800ws worked with Bruce to make it compatabile by sending in log files. If it dont' work, you have conflicting software or are running an older version.

And why the hell would anyone run TreoAlert and PhoneAlarm at the same time? that doesn't strike anyone has not only redundant but foolish?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I must be foolish . I run them both and have no problems at all. I use TreoAlerts with led only just to get the Sig/Bat/mem display (in %) on my carrier line and let Phone Alarm (2.10) handle the rest. It has been pretty smooth for me.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    I must be foolish . I run them both and have no problems at all. I use TreoAlerts with led only just to get the Sig/Bat/mem display (in %) on my carrier line and let Phone Alarm (2.10) handle the rest. It has been pretty smooth for me.
    lol, I run them too with no problems ;-)

i'm just saying it's not good practice if u are not prepared for blowback
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I DO agree that using two programs to do the same thing, at the same time, in the same way (especially something as intrusive as monitoring incoming messages) would be rather silly.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I have Treo alert and phone alarm but I am ONLY using it for the today screen where I made a custom skin to show the missed calls etc. HOWEVER, it appears that since installing phone alarm with TA, my phone loses sound and becomes sluggish. can anyone confirm that the sluggishness is from PHONE ALARM and TA loaded together? is there a FREE program where I can make a one line display of missed calls, voicemail, SMS, email and I can clck on it to go to the proper place? I know perracount is one but the VGA version is not ready yet....

Thanks...