1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I've had a hell of a time trying to order the Treo Pro from Palm.com. I remember seeing Palm stores (including I want to say at LAX). I asked Palm about them, and they say they're no longer "affiliated" with them.

Well, whatever. I want my Treo Pro NOW. Yesterday, ideally! Come on, L.A. is a big city. Is there not a SINGLE STORE where I can pick this baby up??
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

I am pretty sure the Palm brick and mortar stores are all gone. I remember there was one in Century City at the Century City Mall but didn't they all get shut down? Same with airports too right?

For now online might be the only way.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  3.    #3  
    Yea, I think you're right...Are there maybe independent cellphone stores, and/or the Best Buy/Fry's/Circuit City chains that carry them??

Thanks!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

How come you can't order from palm.com?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I live in LA and it is easy.
    Palm.com
    I ordered Sunday, got it Tuesday.
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #7  
    I ended up getting a sick discount from Palm, so I paid less than $450, shipped overnight + that adapter/charger. It is a beauty, isn't it?? I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    I ended up getting a sick discount from Palm, so I paid less than $450, shipped overnight + that adapter/charger. It is a beauty, isn't it?? I'm loving it.
    Wow!! how did u manage to get that discount??? I m interested to know what strings did u pull?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Please Share
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
  10.    #10  
    I will be able to talk about it once I receive the product.

11.    #11  
    Man, I am so unbelievably pissed at Palm! If I don't get this #@$%^&*('ing Pro TOMORROW, with SATURDAY DELIVERY, I'm going to give you guys ALL the numbers, ALL the information, ALL details as to what happened. In fact, I will do so, even if I do get it tomorrow, if they charge me ONE CENT for it. I want a FULL credit.

So tomorrow...and FREE. After what I've been through with them, that's my rule, OR ELSE. So far, Saturday delivery has already been authorized for no charge. The $0 I will be working on. Let's see if they want to have a chat with Paul Moyer from KNBC-TV Los Angeles.

Update to follow...

Ok,
    now I am REALLY curious!!

..it sounds like you had to go through a lot of crap though. I wonder if its worth it for the savings.

but still, I'm a cheap bugger and I'm curious how you got it cheaper.

I'm looking into becoming a "Palm Developer" to see what type of discount they give for that.
    "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts."
  13.    #13  
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by bread View Post
    k,
    now I am REALLY curious!!

..it sounds like you had to go through a lot of crap though. I wonder if its worth it for the savings.
    Oh yes, i DID!!!! And if I'll get it down to FREE, I'll lay off. If not, the gloves will come off faster than Palm will be able to say "Crap, we should've just given the guy his phone."

but still, I'm a cheap bugger and I'm curious how you got it cheaper.
    Like I said, let me receive the device, and I'll "talk". If you're local to Los Angeles, you may see me on TV.

I'm looking into becoming a "Palm Developer" to see what type of discount they give for that.

That I don't know. You can always call them to find out. 800-881-7256. Good luck!

Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $one$ $Palm$ $retail$ $store$ $remains$ $open$, $the$ $one$ $there$ $at$ $their$ $HQ$ $in$ $Sunnyvale$.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/26/p...-one-for-real/
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
  15. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $one$ $Palm$ $retail$ $store$ $remains$ $open$, $the$ $one$ $there$ $at$ $their$ $HQ$ $in$ $Sunnyvale$.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/26/p...-one-for-real/
    Right... all the ones operated by Airport Wireless (at airports--shocker, I know!) dissolved that arrangement. They are still in business; they just have no connection to Palm (in terms of branding or merchandise) any more. The ones run by MarketSource (I think) were the ones that were shut down completely.

I don't recall whether the Sunnyvale one is/was outsourced at all.
  16.    #16  
    SCREW 'EM ALL...Pro's on the way...AND THEN THE PALM rampage will commence...#$%^&*()UAHHAHHAAHHAHAH