1.    #1  
    I am running a Treo 800W I got when they were first released. It hasn't had any problems until recently. If my phone goes into standby mode and is not on external power it will not turn back on. Even if the battery is fully charged the phone still remains lifeless. I have already uninstalled any apps I have added and the phone still does it. Any help would be appreciated.
    please get a spare battery from battery plus... they let u return stuff and try out and see if it works.............
    mace85 - You're still within the 1 year product warranty period. Many of us had those same issues with our first Treo 800w, but they occurred within 30 days and it was easy to exchange for a new one. You're going to have to call Sprint CS and get a replacement, but given it has been more than 30 days you'll probably get a refab. Just the same, the refab will probably work as it should.
    first get a new battery and try.... i had the same problem........ it should work.....
  5.    #5  
    I finally did a hard reset. It seems to have fixed the problem. But a 2nd battery is in order. Thanks for the help guys. I love this phone, it's a shame these small issues get in the way. But that is the double edged sword of technology I guess.
    Did Sprint CS have you do the hard reset? You probably could have got the battery from Sprint for free if that is the issue.

Even before Sprint would have issued you a refab, they would have asked you to perform an RTN reset, to see if that helped.

If you ordered a battery with your money, I'd cancel that order and see if you can get Sprint to take care of you if the battery is the issue, they should.
    happy for you.... i know it is stressful... i went thru this once.....
  8.    #8  
    Well the hard reset didn't help after all. I am going to stop in a repair center tomorrow. Hopefully we will see if that helps. Now it's doing it on external power.
    Check the palm 800w support page. There is a download there to fix the issue you are experiencing, if I am understanding your problem correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by photonut View Post
    Check the palm 800w support page. There is a download there to fix the issue you are experiencing, if I am understanding your problem correctly
    I don't think that's the same issue. I have experienced this problem a few times. The battery is fully charged. I can remove the battery and reset and all is fine. The fix on the site is if your battery fully drains and won't charge (I think). Mine has done this about three times and it just started this last week. I have not added any new software or changed any settings.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by photonut View Post
    Already downloaded that fix. But it's not quite the problem I am having. But now the internet is not even working. And the phone is acting more buggy than ever. I can't wait to exchange it. It worked great for months. And within6 hours it's rapidly turning into a brick. Lucky I have the service plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by mace85 View Post
    Lucky I have the service plan.
    But that plan requires a deductible, when you're still within your 1 year product warranty. You didn't break the device, or lose it. It's acting defective within the product warranty period.

This is one for you to have Sprint address and work out with Palm on their dime.
  13.    #13  
    Good point.
  14.    #14  
    Well I canceled my appt because the issue seemed to resolve itself. Then about 24 hours later it reappeared. Also the battery went from 99% to 20% in 3 hours without being used. And now it won't take a charge. I am going to bring it to a repair center and make sure they replace it. And I am going to see if they will give me a spare battery. I heard that the Sprint stores have been doing that to people with issues.