1.    #1  
    I had the Treo 750 for almost two years on ATT, and when I ran the dslreports.com mobile speed test (in Pocket Outlook, both WM5 and 6), while connected to HSDPA I consistently received 700+ Kbps. Now with WM 6.1 and the Treo Pro I get less than 100 Kbps every time; usually less than 50 Kbps. I noticed that my emails with attachments take forever to download, and web browsing is terrible, as is Google maps and any other web based software. All the while the "H" is displayed.

Also when connected to my home wifi I only get around 1100 Kbps. I would expect it to be much higher. Laptops and desktops are getting 5+ Mbps. I know the device's hardware limits the browser's ability to quickly open pages, but with the advancements over the 750 hardware-wise I would expect things to be faster.

Do I need to call ATT and get them to change something on their end or is there a setting on the device? Anyone else experiencing this? Please help...
    I've been getting exactly the same Edge speeds as I was on my 750. About 160. I don't get 3g at home.
    I will be in my office in about an hour. I'll check my speeds when I get there, and post back.
    3 bars = 798
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, that is typical of what I used to receive. I am starting to wonder if maybe the data service in my location is still affected from hurricane Ike. I am in the Houston area.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarrett View Post
    Thanks, that is typical of what I used to receive. I am starting to wonder if maybe the data service in my location is still affected from hurricane Ike. I am in the Houston area.
    I guess a simple test would be to put the sim back in your 750
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, I plan to try that tonight.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    For me using the Pro has actually improved reception. In my cubicle I get HSDPA whereas before my Tilt could only give me EDGE. Speeds with my Tilt where 400-600kbps, and with the Pro I have tested 450 minimum, 755 max in the same locales.

You should probably check with your 750 as AT&T has been doing a lot of infrastructure work lately trying to beef up the 3G network. At home I was 3 days or so with EDGE only but now I consistently get HSDPA with the speeds reported above
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...