Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Do birthdays work they way they did on PalmOS? You would enter a contact's birthday and it would appear in calendar each time his/her birthday came round.

I transferred my 650 data to my Pro using Outlook and was quite pleased to see the birthdays appearing, just as before, though they now actually show the age as well.

But when I look at that person's contact details, the birthday isn't shown!

And if I add a new birthday to a contact, it doesn't appear in calendar.

1 Do your birthdays in Contacts show in Calendar?

2 If my birthdays haven't been carried to my Pro's Contacts, where is Calendar deriving the information from (it repeats each year, each time with the correct age!)?
    All information show in Contact and Calendar.
    sorry, how to export birthday to calendar to remind me? I didn't find an option or ant software yet. I remember on 650 we have some.

btw, i m using Treo Pro to reply this, the interface looks quite weird on pro.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Hmm, stranger & stranger.

It looks like birthdays didn't get synced to Outlook from Contacts in my 650, but the actual entries in Calendar did.

Hence there are no birthdays in Outlook Contacts on my PC. The two birthdays I added into Contacts on my Pro did get synced to Oulook and they now appear in Calendar on the Pro, bot only after syncing, not before!

Looks like I'll have to go round putting in birthdays on the Pro, then sync to Outlook to get them to show in Calendar.
    There are 3rd party applications that show birth date information on the today screen and in the contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    There are 3rd party applications that show birth date information on the today screen and in the contacts.
    Has anyone tried the birthday app yet for the pro? I used it on my 800w, but haven't tried it on the pro yet.
    I'm using todaysagenda, which shows bday etc on your today screen
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    and there is another plugin that is called Birthday that takes it a step further. The link is Birthdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by datmescandude View Post
    Has anyone tried the birthday app yet for the pro? I used it on my 800w, but haven't tried it on the pro yet.
    I'm using Vbirthday Deluxe from xoddy.com
    great app and I managed to customize it exactly as I used to have on Treo 650
    I also use TodayAgenda - great application; Birthday is used in conjunction with it. A great combination and at no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    I'm using todaysagenda, which shows bday etc on your today screen
    Birthdays work fine on my Pro from Outlook. In fact, I just added one to a contact on my Pro, then synced with Outlook, now it is showing on my Pro on the calendar for that date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Birthdays work fine on my Pro from Outlook. In fact, I just added one to a contact on my Pro, then synced with Outlook, now it is showing on my Pro on the calendar for that date.
    My PC doesn't have Outlook! I understand you can sync with google? How do I do this? Also, if I sync with google, will the birthdays show on my calendar as well?