1.    #1  
    As a long time Treo owner (600, 650, 680) I am enjoying the new Treo Pro and the move to Windows Mobile. And while I also like the new flush screen I've noticed one annoying downside - every form fit or slide in case I've tried so far starts the touch screen clicking away! Some are earlier Treo case, others for other makes of phones. They all seem to either brush the screen (when inserting) or squeeze it just enough (when closing the case). I then hear all sorts of clicks before I can holster it. It's gotten annoying to have to pull the device out and close all the windows and then carefully slide the phone into the case and hope it doesn't touch anything again. And again. And again. . .

I've also come to enjoy the built in time & message alert screen saver for the Pro. In some ways it's a genius addition allowing me to check the time without turning the device on.

Long way to ask my question: is there any app out there that would allow me to assign one or a combination of buttons to send the phone directly to the built in screen saver which also locks the touchscreen? I've tried a few of the WM screen saver apps out there but they were either cumbersome (lots of weird configs) or flat out didn't work.
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyyak View Post
    I've tried a few of the WM screen saver apps out there but they were either cumbersome (lots of weird configs) or flat out didn't work.
    Is S2U2 one of the ones you've tried? It was written up in a tip here on TC a couple of weeks ago; not clear if someone's tested it yet on a Pro.
    Just hold the red button down until the screen says Locking buttons and touchscreen. Your open apps will remain open next time you unlock the phone.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    better still, just tap the power button on the top of the phone on the left hand side!
  5.    #5  
    Doh! My mistake for thinking the power button in WM did the same as in PalmOS. Indeed, hitting the power button locks the screen and sends it directly to the screen saver while the apps stay active. From what I'm reading you can't completely turn off a WM phone unless you remove the battery. . .
    If you hold down the power button the phone radio turns off and so do other comm functions. Sort of a suspense mode. The battery will last a very long time in this mode.
    This same feature was on the 750 if you held down the red button.
    A quick press of the power button on the Pro will leave the phone on, keep apps open, lock the keypad and bring up the screensaver.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    If you listen to music on your Pro you'll likely notice that when the screen saver is on every time update (minutes) causes a little pop/skip on your MP3 player. I read this on another forum, and verified it with Pocket Player and WMP. Bummer too cause i thought the screen saver was pretty cool, but I listen to a fair bit of music and turned it off for now.

I could disable the screen timeout in most players, but then i burn batteries needlessly.

Anybody have any other ideas for preventing the screen saver in some apps?

-Joel
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy View Post
    If you listen to music on your Pro you'll likely notice that when the screen saver is on every time update (minutes) causes a little pop/skip on your MP3 player. I read this on another forum, and verified it with Pocket Player and WMP. Bummer too cause i thought the screen saver was pretty cool, but I listen to a fair bit of music and turned it off for now.

I could disable the screen timeout in most players, but then i burn batteries needlessly.

Anybody have any other ideas for preventing the screen saver in some apps?

-Joel
    Do you have your mp3's on your card?
    Don't know if it would help, but you could try this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=133982
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Why is it that, when you have switched off the phone by holding the Power button or clicking 'Airplane Mode', the screensaver no longer displays the date and time?
    You're right,
    I hadn't noticed.
    It would have been nice to have the screen saver work, even when phone is off.