Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I found many good ppc software but most of them are not suitable for TP, like resco audio recorder which looks great, even has phone conversation recording feature, but it is only for WM6.0, not WM6.1 yet.

    I found some other good ones, but not for 320x320 screen (240x 240) screen.

    I feel really frustrated now, from palm OS to wm6.1, my time with my family has been shrinking dramatically...
  2. #2  
    'not suitable' meaning you actually tried it on the TP?

    I am curious about this... my TP ought to arrive in the new week (fingers crossed).

    For now I've been looking at the Samsung i780 for compatibility.
    Also 320x320 screen.

    Is WM 6.0>6.1 really such a dramatic change?
    Treo Pro Playtime
  3. #3  
    Y'all need to save the effort and go look at the identical threads in the Treo 800w forum. The 800w also has WM 6.1 and a 320x320 screen, and more than a month for users to figure out what software works on it and what doesn't.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Y'all need to save the effort and go look at the identical threads in the Treo 800w forum. The 800w also has WM 6.1 and a 320x320 screen, and more than a month for users to figure out what software works on it and what doesn't.
    Good suggestion.
    I started reading over at the 800 forum way before the pro came out just because of the similarities.
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Good suggestion.
    I started reading over at the 800 forum way before the pro came out just because of the similarities.

    Yes, then I become more frustrated as even in 800 forum, for months, people are still struggling to find a simple software like clock alarm. The best choice spb time was deleted by me in one minute.

    Maybe I'm too picky, or I am just not ready for wm6.1 + 240x240 screen!
  6. #6  
    I would'nt say you are too picky.
    It's just going to take a little time for the developers to make their apps 320x320 compatible.
    That's another downside to being an early adopter.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    I found many good ppc software but most of them are not suitable for TP, like resco audio recorder which looks great, even has phone conversation recording feature, but it is only for WM6.0, not WM6.1 yet.

    I found some other good ones, but not for 320x320 screen (240x 240) screen.

    I feel really frustrated now, from palm OS to wm6.1, my time with my family has been shrinking dramatically...
    Is your issue related with WM6.1 or TP? It seemed to me that your frustration is more related with WM6.1 and 320x320 screen. Take it easy, give a bit time to the SW developers, we will get there. On another note, consider if TP were running on WM6.0 or WM5.x? What would be our comments then?
  8. #8  
    you might wanna try this site...

    http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/

    all wm6 apps should work with wm 6.1...
    even some wm5 apps will work with wm 6.1
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4618 View Post
    you might wanna try this site...

    http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/

    all wm6 apps should work with wm 6.1...
    even some wm5 apps will work with wm 6.1
    That was my original imagination, but after I tried many classic software like resco audio recorder (designed for wm6.0), I fell hard onto the ground.....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I would'nt say you are too picky.
    It's just going to take a little time for the developers to make their apps 320x320 compatible.
    That's another downside to being an early adopter.

    Thanks, guys, I wipe away my tears and start to learn how to program.....

    tears from Maven, Palm loyal...
  11. #11  
    interesting...
    so far all wm6 apps i downloaded works perfectly on my TP...

    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    That was my original imagination, but after I tried many classic software like resco audio recorder (designed for wm6.0), I fell hard onto the ground.....
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4618 View Post
    interesting...
    so far all wm6 apps i downloaded works perfectly on my TP...
    Can you share your list for all the new TP users here? That'll be very helpful, thanks.
  13. #13  
    card export doesnt work on the treo pro... yet
    -tgwaste
  14. #14  
    The frustration level should be lower with the Pro, as it is not significantly different than the 800W.
  15. #15  
    I also find this entire issue funny, because NOT ONE of the programs I use has had any issues at all on my 800w. (and I came from two years of 700w/700wx). The only very minor thing I had was limited number of 320x320 skins for the WM version of Pocket Tunes. Everything else - no issues at all.

    And I would say that I'm a fairly heavy app user - guess it's all dependant on what specifics someone wants to use.
  16. #16  
    i've had some problems with a couple..

    find skins for WMP is hard
    S2U2 is a little unstable
    Manilla 2D doesn't work
    HTC home could work if i spent a little bit of time, but im happy with rlToday

Posting Permissions