1.    #1  
    i just realized that the wifi in my phone is not working anymore, even with a hard reset. Any ideas?
    How is it not working? Are you getting an error? Can it just not connect? Freezing?
  3.    #3  
    when i press the wifi button it does not do anything. when i go to settings>connection>wif it does not let me scan for network
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    when i press the wifi button it does not do anything. when i go to settings>connection>wif it does not let me scan for network
    I had this problem early on and a hard reset was the only thing that fixed it. I determined that the cause of the problem was the .cab installer that allows you to use your side button without holding it in.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #5  
    i tried hard reset and nothing it still didn't work
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Go to start...settings...connections tab...wireless manager...then press the big Wi-Fi button and let us know if anything happens.
  7.    #7  
    nope nothin happens, it was working before but now it's not
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    That's surprising. If you are sure you did a hard reset and not a soft reset (sorry, but I have to be sure you know the difference because some people don't) and it still doesn't work, that's a warranty issue. You'll have to take it to Sprint or send it to Palm, I think.

Hard reset: wipes all data on the phone and restores phone to factory condition. To hard reset, pull battery and hold the red power button while re-inserting battery. Continue holding red power button until the treo asks "Erase all data?", then press the up directional button, and wait awhile while the device hard resets.

Soft reset: pull the battery and reinsert; phone soft resets (equivalent to rebooting).

Special note: If you have a software condition that breaks something, you run a backup, hard reset, and restore the backup, the same problem will most likely continue to exist. When troubleshooting it is critical not to restore a backup before doing all required testing.

Hope that helps...never heard of this one.
  9.    #9  
    yeap i did a Hard Reset but nothing I will take my phone today to the store
    did a hard reset, then it worked. after restoring my some of the programs, it doesn't work anymore. something to do with programs i installed. I will do it again and report back.
    i think i found my problem. After doing a hard reset, I soft reset my phone after each program I restored. I found that after installing taskmgr (TaskMgr.zip from registry tweaks) and did a reboot, my wifi stopped working as described above.
    i found the same problem happens when i also install memMaid. Back to more hard resets and restoring.
    try to remove the battery for 10secs, that seems to fix the issue most of the time. Let me know if it works for you.