1.    #1  
    On PalmOS, it's possible to assign a URL to a hotkey, so that a push/hold would bring up the web page. I used this all the time -- is there anything similar on Windows Mobile?

Launching IE, then navigating the menus to get to favorites is tedious.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    1. Open File Explorer. Go to \Windows\Favorites
    2. Find the favorite you want to assign a button for. Select Menu > Edit > Copy
    3. In File Explorer, go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    4. Select Menu > Edit > Paste
    5. Now go to Settings > Personal > Buttons. Select the button you want to assign and you will now find your shortcut as one of the options.
  3.    #3  
    Homes4 - thanks for the help!

Is it possible to do this for letters as well as the "special" application launching buttons? (On PalmOS Treos, a different URL, number to dial, etc. could be assigned to each letter, e.g., 'W' for weather, 'B' for bus times, 'H' for call home, etc.)
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    Homes4 - thanks for the help!

Is it possible to do this for letters as well as the "special" application launching buttons? (On PalmOS Treos, a different URL, number to dial, etc. could be assigned to each letter, e.g., 'W' for weather, 'B' for bus times, 'H' for call home, etc.)
    this is what exactly i m looking for too! and i miss it dearly..(also one of the reason i loved "butler" on palm). i don't know y any developer has not think about this yet! is it really impossible to implement this key launch feature on wm?
    (i think bjII wm 6.1 has this key launch feature)