Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just call me Berd.
    i've got that plan also. it rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Physician User View Post
    Urban myths as far as I know from actual people ever getting been hit with extra fees.

I have been running medianet or mediaworks $20 unlimited plan for years now. I've been grandfathered now into every Treo I have owned. Treo 650 to the Treo 680 to the Treo 750. Now I have the Treo Pro. I've spoken to the ATT representative on the phone and he was envious of my plan. I've been rocking GIG amounts of internet use too when my home DSL went out. Anyhow..

It all started when I got the mediawork/medianet $20 unlimited data plan, 2000 texts, with 100 or so MMS texts too.v

Heh, doesn't it? I got poo-poo'd by all the naysayers that it wasn't possible and that I would be struck by crazy fees etc etc. Man, even if I did get struck after all these years with a big fee, the savings was tremendous and would over shadow it.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User View Post
    Urban myths as far as I know from actual people ever getting been hit with extra fees.
    Not all urban myths... I had to bump it up when I got a 650 and started on MEdiaNet.

It's a loophole... some people get through, some don't. At least now it's less of a difference, cost-wise.
    Been using a $20 media max plan for about 2 years with my 750 and probably a year or so before that with a 650.

I have a Moto RAZR listed as my phone with ATT which is a 3G phone. Up until I got the Pro I used to swap the sim all the time and use the RAZR on weekends, etc., but now that the Pro is so much smaller I may just go with the Pro all the time. I have never heard from ATT about any of my pda devices being non-compliant and have used push email and tons of data for all this time.

I am skeptical about ATT's ability to detect different devices--the technology may exist but I don't know that they really use the resources to find you.

I would try and go with the cheapest unlimited 3g data plan they have and not worry about it.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I've found that AT&T detects data usage and bills you for it on a per megabyte basis unless you have a unlimited data plan, which here is $50 a month. I can move the SIM for my account between a Razr and a Treo 680. As long as I don't use data, there is no additional charge. I don't think AT&T cares what device you are using. All they care about is data usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Been using a $20 media max plan for about 2 years with my 750 and probably a year or so before that with a 650.

I have a Moto RAZR listed as my phone with ATT which is a 3G phone. Up until I got the Pro I used to swap the sim all the time and use the RAZR on weekends, etc., but now that the Pro is so much smaller I may just go with the Pro all the time. I have never heard from ATT about any of my pda devices being non-compliant and have used push email and tons of data for all this time.

I am skeptical about ATT's ability to detect different devices--the technology may exist but I don't know that they really use the resources to find you.

I would try and go with the cheapest unlimited 3g data plan they have and not worry about it.

I actually been doing the same thing when my previous Pocket PCs stopped working the past few months. Just gave the Razr2 v9 to my mom though. My bill is about $60 bucks a month with over 5,000 roll over minutes because I do not talk on the mobile very much. But at this point, I am about to trash the Treo pro and get a new one. The 320x320 screen size issue with programs is really really annoying me now. WHOEVER decided to change the typical screen size from the regular amount needs to be takin OUT and BEAT! Someone should sit down and create a program that allows different resolution sizes on one device.

I'm in love with my past today screen theme that I have in Vga and Qvga but it doesn't look right with a Sqvga format. I've been trying to convert it to 320x320, but it just will not go!

Last edited by NewTreoProUser27; 10/19/2008 at 12:44 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12