1.    #1  
    sorry for the stupid question, in Comm Manager, I don't understand what does "data connection" mean? When shall I enable it?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It's not a stupid question - I wondered the same thing and did some experiments to figure it out. Your data connection has two states: disconnected, when there is not an active data session (indicated by the large block with G, E, H, etc.), and connected when a data session is active (small block and two arrows. The Treo will automatically start a data connection when one is required, such as checking email or browsing the web, but it's slower to drop the connection. An active connection requires somewhat more power.

In past phones, there was not always an easy way to disconnect the data session. Some applications had a menu option for this, some didn't. This button in the Connection Manager lets you connect or disconnect a data session. Normally you would not bother with this, but if you knew you were not using data for a while and wanted to save some power, click the Off button.
  3.    #3  
    thanks a lot! Very clear to me now. So I will leave it alone there.

Can I ask a further question? If I have phone on and wifi on at the same time, how can I make sure the data transaction (like internet browsing, email check) will go through wifi, not my phone network like ATT?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    By default, it is done automatically so when you start WiFi all data communications are routed to the WiFi radio. From your side then you don't need to do a thing.

If you have more questions feel free to ask. That's why there are forums like these, users helping users
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    By default, it is done automatically so when you start WiFi all data communications are routed to the WiFi radio. From your side then you don't need to do a thing.

If you have more questions feel free to ask. That's why there are forums like these, users helping users
    thanks a lot! very helpful!