Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    was looking around the file explorer today and found verizon welcome and goodbye for when you turn off phone radio....
    start/file explore/make sure you in my device/windows/ then scroll always down to verizongoodbye and verizonwelcome......
    why would we have this on sprint??
    Because Verizon was the original initial carrier for the 800w. They dropped it at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by aechulo82588 View Post
    was looking around the file explorer today and found verizon welcome and goodbye for when you turn off phone radio....
    start/file explore/make sure you in my device/windows/ then scroll always down to verizongoodbye and verizonwelcome......
    why would we have this on sprint??
    don't have them..

vCal
    vCal320
    vCard
    vCard320
    VehicleML
    ==========================>(no verizongoodbye/welcome)
    VideoAttach
    VideoAttach320
    mine either
    Can you check your software revision? Its possible you have one newer than we do. You can check it by going to Start->Settings->System->About, then go to the phone tab. Mine is TREO800w-1.03-SPNT. I'd also be interested in the firmware version (116 here).

Edit: its actually in the ROM (the dump I made of 1.03 anyway)
    Last edited by techfury90; 10/04/2008 at 03:35 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by techfury90 View Post
    Can you check your software revision? Its possible you have one newer than we do. You can check it by going to Start->Settings->System->About, then go to the phone tab. Mine is TREO800w-1.03-SPNT. I'd also be interested in the firmware version (116 here).

Edit: its actually in the ROM (the dump I made of 1.03 anyway)
    mine is treo800w-1.03-spnt
  7.    #7  
    oh and the dates on the verizon pics is 6/13/08
    Quote Originally Posted by aechulo82588 View Post
    mine is treo800w-1.03-spnt
    same here...

however, i have done several RTN's
    (which might have had) some effects on the files..
    It doesn't. The files are in ROM and cannot be changed.
    aechulo82588 - When did you purchase your Treo 800w? Perhaps this is something that has been added to newer Treo 800w's? I don't have these files and purchased mine back in July.
    i got mine online and mine is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaffeyBoy View Post
    i got mine online and mine is there.
    So you have the files verizongoodbye and verizonwelcome? When did you purchase the device? Even if you don't know the exact day, if you know which month you purchased, it will probably still help determine why some of us don't see this.
    I remember seeing a similar post like this when the 800w first came out. Someone did some snooping and found the Verizon Welcome and Goodbye files. I have the same Verizon files and this is my 2nd device, which I got around late October. I never looked at my first device for those files, which I got when the 800w first became available.
    I forgot I've got a replacement too. I got it within 30 days of ordering the first.
    I have the verizon images on my phone. I bought mine when they first came out.
    Last edited by rc46; 10/05/2008 at 09:37 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    aechulo82588 - When did you purchase your Treo 800w? Perhaps this is something that has been added to newer Treo 800w's? I don't have these files and purchased mine back in July.
    I got mine mid september but it is a this is my second one had first on for a couple days .... so don't know if it was on the first device
    I have those files 2, i got that phone in the first days
    There does not seem to be any discernible pattern. Some have the files who got the device when it first came out and even some who got it later have the files.

aechulo82588 - You got your current device in September, but did you restore a backup from your earlier device to it?
    It seems those who don't see them are using File Explorer. I bet its hidden if you don't choose the "show all files" option in it...
    Yep, exactly as I figured. In File Explorer, the Verizon files are hidden if you don't do Menu->Show All Files. If that option is checked however, they are visible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast