1.    #1  
    Yesterday I had to fly to Chicago for an interview. The company that I had the interview with is about 40 miles east of Midway airport.

Well here is my story, I was taking one of the first flights out in the morning and I woke up about an 1 1/2 hours before the plane was scheduled to leave. I drove like a mad man to the airport and grabbed my bags and made the plane with about 10 minutes to spare. When I got into my rental car I reached into my bag for my GPS and it was not there. I had left it in my car at home. All I had was an address of where I needed to go. I got directions from the rental car employee and was off to my interview. The directions involved taking the Skyway and to be ready for Chicago traffic I reached into my pocket for toll money. Well I left it at home also. Before panic set in I remembered my Treo. Fired up Live Search and found an ATM to get money and used the GPS to get me to the interview and back to the airport. The battery was really low after 80+ minutes of using the GPS but my old Treo 700wx could of not saved my day.

Yes I did get the job.
    Cool story, now all you need is a car charger and you'll be safe all the time.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Yesterday I had to fly to Chicago for an interview. The company that I had the interview with is about 40 miles east of Midway airport.

Well here is my story, I was taking one of the first flights out in the morning and I woke up about an 1 1/2 hours before the plane was scheduled to leave. I drove like a mad man to the airport and grabbed my bags and made the plane with about 10 minutes to spare. When I got into my rental car I reached into my bag for my GPS and it was not there. I had left it in my car at home. All I had was an address of where I needed to go. I got directions from the rental car employee and was off to my interview. The directions involved taking the Skyway and to be ready for Chicago traffic I reached into my pocket for toll money. Well I left it at home also. Before panic set in I remembered my Treo. Fired up Live Search and found an ATM to get money and used the GPS to get me to the interview and back to the airport. The battery was really low after 80+ minutes of using the GPS but my old Treo 700wx could of not saved my day.

Yes I did get the job.
    Nice story. I got my Treo 800w for a week now also coming from the 700wx which I still keep BTW and I'm starting to like it, have another 3 weeks to decide if I keep or not but for now has better interface, better screen and is lot faster than the 700wx. I was thinking in getting the Touch Diamond instead but the lack of keyboard and the rumors that the Touch Flow UI slows the phone down made me to look at the 800w and so far enjoying it
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    OK, so what was the job?
    Glad you stayed in cell coverage the whole time.
    40 miles east of Midway is in Lake Michigan. If you were taking the Skyway, the job must be in Indiana or the Hegwich area. As far as coverage, very few dead spots in the Chicagoland area. Live search does a good job for the ATM and other searches, but for directions I prefer Sprint Navigation. Usually better directions plus updated traffic. Trust me, in the Chicagoland area it invaluable. Betterthan when I used my Live Search. I am aboout to buy a new Charger and was podering getting the MyGig Navigaion, but I decided I will just get the MyGig Sirius radio. I will keep using my Sprint Navigation.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Cool story, now all you need is a car charger and you'll be safe all the time.
    I have a car charger but it was in my car not with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    OK, so what was the job?
    The job is systems engineer for about 700 servers in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1068 View Post
    40 miles east of Midway is in Lake Michigan. If you were taking the Skyway, the job must be in Indiana or the Hegwich area. As far as coverage, very few dead spots in the Chicagoland area. Live search does a good job for the ATM and other searches, but for directions I prefer Sprint Navigation. Usually better directions plus updated traffic. Trust me, in the Chicagoland area it invaluable. Betterthan when I used my Live Search. I am aboout to buy a new Charger and was podering getting the MyGig Navigaion, but I decided I will just get the MyGig Sirius radio. I will keep using my Sprint Navigation.
    Yes I was in Indiana near Gary.

Live search was not the best solution but in a pinch it saved the day. I have a TomTom I usually carry with me but I left it in the car at home.

I do not have Sprint Nav on my plan I am on SERO and I do not want to touch my plan as it is a sweet deal I get 900 minutes peek 500 plan + 400 bonus with pick 3, sprint2home, and free incoming. I don't call Sprint so they can't mess up my plan.

With this new job I may have get a crackberry as that is the standard issue. I will try to resist though.

Yes I did get the job.
    beautiful story...
    congrats..
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    The job is systems engineer for about 700 servers in the US.
    700 servers... Damn that sounds like a fun job. Managing 12 workstations at work drives me nuts.