Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    For those of you wanting to disable the dial pad sound. I have created a cab file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Thank the lord, Cody rolled back IE6 to regular PIE.

Now one other grudge I had is the softkeys and how you can't toggle between Full screen/non full without touching the screen, holding down, etc.

One solution that also has a bunch of added shortcuts comes from CellNeuron.

Simply install the attached .cab and use Cody's rollback, then follow these shortcuts.

Now hitting "F" on your keyboard toggle on/off Fullscreen, plus I enjoy scrolling this way much better using "D" and "T".
    E : page up
    D : page down
    T : top
    G : ground

P : Pictures toggle
    enter: enter
    backspace: back
    F : full screen toggle
    space : when no link is selected, page down.
    when a link is selected, same as enter.

U : horizonal Page up
    I : horizonal Page down
    J : horizonal top
    K : horizonal down

x : Default layout
    C : Desktop layout
    V : One column layout

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove the battery icon in the task bar?
    BUMP
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove the battery icon in the task bar?
    can't say if this works on the Pro as I have no interest is trying, but you can do a Sprite backup and then give this a go:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1221758-post16.html

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    can't say if this works on the Pro as I have no interest is trying, but you can do a Sprite backup and then give this a go:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1221758-post16.html
    Yeah, I had seen that and tried it already. I could never get my Pro to let me delete the current file and load the new one. I really don't mind just changing the battery icon to a speaker, but I can't seem to find that information anywhere either. I feel like a newbie, but I'm not! Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it!
    Jeff
    You should use Total Commander (or Resco Explorer) to replace the .EXE file. After a soft reset you will see the speaker icon
    Thanks - Total Commander did the trick. I don't only havea speaker versus useless battery icon, I can also use the speaker icon to silence the phone when I am on calls so everyone doesn't here when I get an email, text, etc. Thanks everyone!
    Jeff
    Slow down the speed of the Voice Command lady:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices

change "DefaultTTSRate" from 4 to 5 to speed up or to 2 or 3 to slow down. Takes effect instantly.

I prefer "3".
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hate the Be-Doop noise when you plug/unplug to charge? So do I.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume

ChargerConnectSound
    ChargerDisconnectSound

Under each, there is a string value called "File". Under the string, just change the sound file from "ChargerConnect.mid" to "ChargerConnect.old" (so you can put back if you want), or just delete. Don't matter.

Slow down the speed of the Voice Command lady:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices

change "DefaultTTSRate" from 4 to 5 to speed up or to 2 or 3 to slow down. Takes effect instantly.

I prefer "3".
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hate the Be-Doop noise when you plug/unplug to charge? So do I.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume

ChargerConnectSound
    ChargerDisconnectSound

Under each, there is a string value called "File". Under the string, just change the sound file from "ChargerConnect.mid" to "ChargerConnect.old" (so you can put back if you want), or just delete. Don't matter.
    Mal

I created two cab files for the changes above . I tested them and they work.

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    very cool choc! thanks

This mod is really nice....Thanks!
    I may have missed this but is there a way to set up the light around the center button to flash when the phone rings (such as when you want to know there is a call but do not want vibe or noise) Thanks
    very cool choc! thanks
    np! anytime

Quote Originally Posted by drfrog View Post
    I may have missed this but is there a way to set up the light around the center button to flash when the phone rings (such as when you want to know there is a call but do not want vibe or noise) Thanks
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrog View Post
    Not that we know of. I'm sure it could technically be done, but it'd be unstable and cumbersome to implement, plus a lot of work.

It's also a little weird...I mean, when a call comes in, your screen lights up with the Caller ID displayed. Are you implying you'd ignore that and look at the beacon which only "blinks" every 10 seconds? lol

I do mention here a way to bring back the "off" option which disables volume and vibrate (or at least it should)--that seems a much simpler method.

Oops! I was thinking about another phone I once had where there was a light that came on and the screen did not light up! My bad

In any case, I am beset with a worse problem now anyway....my email notifications do not work again.....sms, incoming calls etc are all still fine! This is really getting to be a royal pain!!!!! What now?....Hard resets are not quite working completely......
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    This appears to work:

xda-developers - View Single Post - KaiserTweak (Dec 9, 2007)

These registry edits keep WiFi enabled in Standby Mode but make sure to turn WiFi off when you don't need it to save as much battery life as possible.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\Suspend\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}
    -change (Default) DWORD Dec to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\Resuming\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\Unattended\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}
    Cody,
    Any chance of cabing this?
    Thanks, Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by GMul View Post
    Cody,
    Any chance of cabing this?
    Thanks, Gary
    Try this. Let me know if it works

Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Try this. Let me know if it works
    Yes it works. Thank you.

There is no program or settings icon to turn it on/off. Am I correct in assuming the Standby Mode is turned off by removing the cab?

(This is the first time I have installed a registry cab)

Regards, Gay
    Quote Originally Posted by GMul View Post
    Yes it works. Thank you.

There is no program or settings icon to turn it on/off. Am I correct in assuming the Standby Mode is turned off by removing the cab?

(This is the first time I have installed a registry cab)

Regards, Gay

I don't know how to create a mortscript file. That would allow you to toggle between both settings. Uninstalling the cab will set it back to it's default settings. Let me take a crack at creating a mortscript file. I will post it, once I have created it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast