Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello ,

My treo keeps trying to connect to the web when no program is in use. I had mobile shell and treo alert. both disabled web updates for weather.
    I just uninstalled mobile shell , reset and its still trying to connect.

The problem is it drains the hell out of the battery when its connected on the back ground.

What do you guys think is running, i have turn on net guard to stop it from connecting.
    I experienced the same thing when I first got my 800 a month ago. In my case it was a combination a programs attempting to connect. In my case it was SPB Mobile (weather update), email, Pocket express. It wasn't until I changed the settings of all programs attempting to connet to the internet that the problem went away. Good luck in finding what is causing your phone to connect.

-Sam
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wagadesa View Post
    I experienced the same thing when I first got my 800 a month ago. In my case it was a combination a programs attempting to connect. In my case it was SPB Mobile (weather update), email, Pocket express. It wasn't until I changed the settings of all programs attempting to connet to the internet that the problem went away. Good luck in finding what is causing your phone to connect.

-Sam
    Hi, just click manual for my outlook and uninstalled mobile shell duno what else it could be.
    Mine is doing the same thing as well. Right now the data connection has been on for almost 9 hours.

I have so many programs that access the internet I wouldn't even know where to start.
    Did you set up your e mail? If you did, that's what might be causing your phone conect to the internet, by deafult I guess the phone will connect every 2 hours to retrieve messages.

In other hand, I believe this is my first or one of my first post, I can't remember but I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mario and I'm from Miami, looking forward to learn and to share new tricks with the crew.

Regards

Mario
    I have my email being checked manually. I really recommend doing that to ensure longer battery life. I see no point in having it do it every 1 hour, I just check it when I have free time.

My guess the problem is either with SPB Mobile Shell(Weather) or Dashwire. I just turned both of those to manual updates and it no longer is asking to connect.

List a some of the programs you have. Chances are that someone on here has tried them and can tell you where your problem is.
    Quote Originally Posted by docmario View Post
    Did you set up your e mail? If you did, that's what might be causing your phone conect to the internet, by deafult I guess the phone will connect every 2 hours to retrieve messages.

In other hand, I believe this is my first or one of my first post, I can't remember but I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mario and I'm from Miami, looking forward to learn and to share new tricks with the crew.

Regards

Mario

If I recall correctly, I had to set/modify each email account (I have 3 set up). I think, only after I meticulously modified the setting on each one to manual did my problems go away. The other programs were simpler to get control over.

Hope that helps. If you have only 1 email account and it is set to manual - then there must be another application attempting to connect.
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have 1 email account and is set to manual. the only other program that could be running is the treo alert. I t just recently did this for about a week when I tried mobile shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by dapretendr View Post
    I have 1 email account and is set to manual. the only other program that could be running is the treo alert. I t just recently did this for about a week when I tried mobile shell.
    not familiar with Treo Alert.

Wow - fortunately I was able to find the culprit program without needing to do a hard reset and then installing add-on software and setting up email accounts one at a time while monitoring the phone between installs. But judging from what you have said you've done and the problem still exist - you may need to isolate the culprit the hard way - a hard reset.

Best wishes,
    -Sam
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I found out what it was, there is two differnt settings on the email to connect. The problem was under mail service; there was a delivery preference that i didn't not know about , and it did the job

Thanks a bunch