1.    #1  
    I have been using my Treo Pro for a week now. I hate it. I am going back to my Blackberry Curve so I have a keyboard that is functional. I thought this would be the Treo dream device but I was wrong. It sucks. The screen and resolution is the only thing I like. I think everything about the Treo 750 was right - it just needed to be thinner like the Treo Pro. The keyboards, the buttons, the rubber case - it was near perfect. I want a thin Treo 750!!!

Here are the compliants in order.

1. Keyboard - the Treo Pro keyboard is unacceptable for a power e-mail user. Too small. The keys suck. The Windows key and now the soft keys are all different in design, response to touch, etc. It is a bad user experience. Have you tried to delete e-mails quickly? It is painful.

2. Too slick - the Treo Pro is a "pretty" phone but is not usable. The case is too slick (I don't like eGrips) and hold smudges to easily. My opinion is that a phone shouldn't require an aftermarket case to give the user a better grip on the phone.

3. Dialing a number. Having you noticed when you are dialing a number, the person's name and phone number are 8pt text? WTF? Try reading this when you are in traffic.

Rubenstein has pushed form before function in a bad way. Yeah the video says they want to create a unique experience all the way down to how you open the package and pull the phone out when you first buy it.

If anyone wants to buy a mint condition Treo Pro without a scratch with an extra international charger for $460 (2 day shipping included) send me a PM.

FUNCTION FUNCTION FUNCTION SHOULD ALWAYS OVERRIDE FORM!
    I hadn't noticed the Blackberry keyboards/keypads until this week. Seeing how they fill the space from left to right makes me think it's a much more pleasant typing experience than a Pro ... or even the 750 (and therefore, my beloved 755p, as well).

But maybe I'm wrong (since you want the 750, just thinner)?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Why not just return it to palm?
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I would take a thinner 750 over anything. But the BB Curve keyboard is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I hadn't noticed the Blackberry keyboards/keypads until this week. Seeing how they fill the space from left to right makes me think it's a much more pleasant typing experience than a Pro ... or even the 750 (and therefore, my beloved 755p, as well).

But maybe I'm wrong (since you want the 750, just thinner)?
    I can't stand typing with my BB. I can type on my iPhone faster and better. To bad work makes me carry the BB. if I had the money I would buy your phone right now.
    had the pro for a few days coming from the 750 and I actually like the keyboard better than the 750s...
    i have no issue with the keyboard, they could have spaced them a bit more, but i can type already faster, and with being able to type without looking from time to time.
    I doubt BB has better functionality than treo pro. I mean, I don't like treo pro button but I can stand for it. I think part of the reason might be palm reduce the size to make it more slim.
    No complaints with kb so far, except I'm accidentally hitting the space-bar too often.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I am close to ditching the pro as well. The keyboard is a deal breaker. I hate it!
    There's always the 800w. It's not as thin as the Pro, but it is thinner than the earlier models, and the KB is great.
  12. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    There's always the 800w. It's not as thin as the Pro, but it is thinner than the earlier models, and the KB is great.
    That does mean going with Sprint, though (at least for now). While some people may like the pricing of the SERO plans, coverage may be an issue. And people outside the US or frequent international travelers are more likely to look for a GSM phone.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Not an option for me
    Very happy with the tp.

No device comes close imo. keyboard is more cramped than my 750 but feel is much better.

Guess this proves you get make a phone that makes everyone happy.
    The Pro is a way better device than the BB. They keyboard is fine. Much better than the 750.

All my high powered business friends who got BB's like sheep drool over the Treo Pro.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The best keyboard in this form factor that I've used up until now is the HP 910c (the Moto Q9h isn't bad either). While I think the Pro isn't quite as comfortable, I find that I'm typing almost as fast with about the same accuracy as the HP.

It is surprising to me that the smaller, tighter keys could feel as comfortable as they do.

I think by switching from the HP I took a tiny step backwards in the keyboard, but a quantum leap forward in overall features and performance.
    As we know, it is the same key board used in the Centro series and I disliked the key board for a couple of days and after that, adjusted to it and found it just as comfy as the other style. Getting use to it and being open with the device.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Well, I called and got a RMA , boxed up the TP, put my sim back into my BB8800, and there it sat for three hours. Then I unboxed it, put my sim back in, and restored my backup. I just couldn't do it. I have become attached to this thing. I guess I will get use to the kb in time. At least until my G1 gets here anyway.