Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All my Buttons seem to have the same 'click feel' except one, the 'Start Menu' button just above the 'Calendar' button. It doesn't seem to have the same feel as the others.
    The 'Ok', the 'Mail', and 'Calendar' all have the same click feel, except the 'Start Menu' button - it's kinda blah feeling, barely a click at all.

Anyone else?
    Do all your buttons have the same click feel?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    same for me...
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  3.    #3  
    Don't you think it should feel the same as the others. If the 'Start Menu' didn't pop up, I'd wonder if I pushed it, very little physical feedback compared to the other buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    same for me...
    same for me except my clickless button is the wifi button..
    -tgwaste
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    same for me except my clickless button is the wifi button..
    That wouldn't be as big a concern for me, even if it was the mail button wouldn't be as big for me, but being the 'Start Menu' button might cause me to return this for a replacement.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Just tried, and yep, you're right. It presses, but doesn't 'click'. Never noticed it before...
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    maybe it's designed to work that way; or in other words it's a "feature" . as long as it's working i'm good to go!
    cortez
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys
    I guess I'm not having a unique issue.
    I'm not sure I should call it an issue,
    more of an expectation,
    that it would have had more of a 'click feel' like the other buttons.
    Just call me Berd.
    My Start button clicks, but I don't have to push it as far compared to the others to get it to click.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    All my buttons click in the same fashion. My issue is that the OK button is 'raised' more than the others. In fact if you look at it from the bottom of the phone you can faintly see light from underneath the button. It works fine, and it feels fine, but I am afraid of catching it on something sharp and doing damage.
    Mine click the same.
  12.    #12  
    I guess if 1 more person says that all 4 buttons around the Center button have the same 'click feel', I might ask for a replacement.
    It has no feeling. The only way I know I pushed it, is the menu pops up.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    My Calendar button has a *bit* of a click (but not as much as the qwerty keys) that's about it.

Like you say, the first you know you've pushed it is when you see something happen.
  14.    #14  
    I also have a q9h which has the same type of smooth buttons with a nice little 'click-feel',
    there's actually 8 buttons (4 each on each side of the 5-way) and they all have exactly the same 'click-feel'.
    I'm loving the Pro, but I'm going to call palm for a replacement. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I also have a q9h which has the same type of smooth buttons with a nice little 'click-feel',
    there's actually 8 buttons (4 each on each side of the 5-way) and they all have exactly the same 'click-feel'.
    I'm loving the Pro, but I'm going to call palm for a replacement. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    Did they agree to replace it, Berdinker? My Start, and slightly less so, Messaging keys are a bit of a pain, you have to press quite hard to be sure you've activated it.
    mine all click the same...the wifi button is "clickless". I thought that was likely on purpose though?
    Mike

Eph 2:8-9
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    one of the side benefits of the screen protector: the Start Menu button is more easily activated. i guess the extra mm makes a difference.
    cortez
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Did they agree to replace it, Berdinker? My Start, and slightly less so, Messaging keys are a bit of a pain, you have to press quite hard to be sure you've activated it.
    Yes they did.
    I will post back with how they feel on the replacement when I get it.
    Just call me Berd.
  19.    #19  
    I just got my Replacement, and all is good.

Looking closely at both pros, I notice that the 'Start' button on my pro that does Not have a click feel is slightly concaved.

On the new one, it is just the same as the 'Ok' button, and has the same 'Click feel' as the 'Ok' button, as well as the other 4 buttons around the Center button.
    Just call me Berd.
    I had mine replaced due to dead pixels and noticed the new one I got today has a keypad that is a lot firmer than the last device. The last one seemed mushy... All of the buttons on this one have a "click" to them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast