Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey Berdinkledickle and Bad Ash, when you got your replacement was it a refurb? I requested a replacement for a crack near the end button and I had two options:

1.) send unit in for repair; 5-7 days, free

2.) receive replacement and then send my unit back; this requires a $400 security "hold" and $20 convenience fee

I went for option 2. The representative told me that typically when you take option two you receive a refurbed unit with a 90 day warranty. He stated that since the TP is so new it is likely I will receive a new unit with normal warranty. He also said you only receive the handset, no accessories, not even battery. Does this sound accurate?

Hopefully I dont receive your non-button clicking TP...
    Last edited by ggarrett; 11/08/2008 at 08:59 AM.
    Just got a replacement TP. The Windows button takes more pressure to hit than my last but I noticed if you learn to push closer to the bottom of the button it works perfectly.

Mine was new in the factory sealed box but I had to send every item I had back (cable, battery, power adapter) and keep all the new ones so they can trouble shoot everything.
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    That is how my Windows button is also. My screen protector covers it & gives a little edge at the bottom that helps to push it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Mine was new in the factory sealed box but I had to send every item I had back (cable, battery, power adapter) and keep all the new ones so they can trouble shoot everything.
    Thanks Dsol, thats good to hear. Did you have to give them the $400 "hold" security and the $20 plus tax convenience fee?
    I had to give them a credit card that they said they would not run as long as they got my old one back in 30 days. No convenience fee either. They sent me the unit FedEx overnight and included the return packaging with it. They made it sound like they really had plans to get their hands on my actual returned unit and see what went wrong with mine and where the fault was. The level 3 tech was great--just way too much effort to get to him. I don't want to sound self important but even at minimum wage I have a lot of time, and therefore money involved in that little battle I just had...
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    all of my buttons click the same......no problems here.
    must be a design flaw....from over use....
    are the buttons everyone finding "soft" the ones you use the most?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxpinballxx View Post
    all of my buttons click the same......no problems here.
    must be a design flaw....from over use....
    are the buttons everyone finding "soft" the ones you use the most?
    Not relevant, mine (and I think the others mentioning the problem) had that feel from Day 1.
    I also have this from day 1. Probably some batch fault?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Not relevant, mine (and I think the others mentioning the problem) had that feel from Day 1.
    I started this thread.
    My start menu button had a very dull feel from day 1.
    I've had the replacement since 10/15 and all the buttons still feel the same, convincing me even more that my first Pro wasn't right.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Y, it's mainly my Start button too. But I'm getting used to it, I just know to press it firmly and not to expect a click.
    mine has the same problem where the Start key has no feedback. worse, the plastic coating of the phone is not lined up properly, so when I press the Calendar button, it sometimes depresses both Calendar and Start.

anyone purchase theirs NOT from Palm and was successful in getting an exchange? i bought mine on ebay and am getting the run-around from palm.
  12.    #32  
    I just remembered another reason why I had a problem with the No 'Click Feel' of Buttons.
    I program my 4 buttons around the 5-way for more than one option.
    with AEButtons:

1 click = this
    2 click = that
    3 click = the other thing

when the button has no 'Click Feel' I wasn't able to tell if it even clicked the first time if nothing happens, so how would I know if my presses were even registering with some sort of 'Click Feel' of the Buttons.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12