Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. davsug's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone tried the Gameboy Advance emulator, PocketGBA, on their Pro? I have it running very well on my other PPC phones (HTC Diamond, Touch, etc) and it works flawlessly. It freezes on the Treo and requires a soft reset. wondering if its a screen resolution issue or something.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by davsug View Post
    Has anyone tried the Gameboy Advance emulator, PocketGBA, on their Pro? I have it running very well on my other PPC phones (HTC Diamond, Touch, etc) and it works flawlessly. It freezes on the Treo and requires a soft reset. wondering if its a screen resolution issue or something.
    When i try it I get some microsoft error message and then the screen freezes up. maybe try MorphGear instead? Its pretty slow on morphgear though i was hoping pocketgba would be faster but cant get it to run
    -tgwaste
  3. #3  
    I never got PocketGBA to work on my 800w BTW. I'm pretty sure it's the screen res.
  4. #4  
    I can't get GBA to install. What is everyone doing that I am not
  5. kaivorb's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #5  
    I can install PocketGBA, but the screen is distorted and unreadable. Probably a framerate issue. I was hoping to find an alternative to MorphGear's GBA module as it runs like molasses, and makes all but the most basic of RPG's unplayable.

    I even tried SMARTGear, which worked fine, but it does NOT have GBA playability. It does do other games well, but it does NOT have an easy save feature which is a deal breaker. I can play all the major systems well except for GBA.

    Grrr on that.

    K--
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    I can install PocketGBA, but the screen is distorted and unreadable. Probably a framerate issue. I was hoping to find an alternative to MorphGear's GBA module as it runs like molasses, and makes all but the most basic of RPG's unplayable.

    I even tried SMARTGear, which worked fine, but it does NOT have GBA playability. It does do other games well, but it does NOT have an easy save feature which is a deal breaker. I can play all the major systems well except for GBA.

    Grrr on that.

    K--
    how can you say smartgear doesnt have an easy save feature? it has the easiest of them all! you can map any key to quick save and quick load.

    ive played just about every emu out there. SG is the best. it just needs GBA and SNES to be perfect.
    -tgwaste
  7. #7  
    Is the Pro gaming-friendly? Are diagonal directions recognized? They worked great on my 700wx but the 800w usually had fits with them. Pressing diagonals in Morphgear would typically cause strange things to happen.
  8. kaivorb's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #8  
    Hmmmm must have missed that easy save feature. That would be nice. That would be it at the top of the list then (feature and price wise). It doesn't do GBA, but then again I haven't found one that does do it well, yet.

    I haven't checked diagonals yet. I guess either I don't play many games that require it, or I haven't noticed an issue. :-)

    K--

    It does configure and play well, though.
  9. fulanit01's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #9  
    gah, the only emulator i'm really interested in is a gba or gbc emulator. everything else just feels to tiny on a 320x320 screen (not that i've found a freeware emulator that even utilizes the full screen...but i digress)...i miss pocketgba
  10. kaivorb's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #10  
    Morphgear uses the whole screen (it's in the settings), but it doesn't do GBA well. Pretty slow. Workable, but not for "action" games. And it's SNES version is free.

    I also found a freeware for Genesis that uses the whole screen to. Not a bad setup. But I agree about a full speed GBA emulator. That is the only one missing so far.

    K--
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    I also found a freeware for Genesis that uses the whole screen to. Not a bad setup.
    Which one is this? Do you have a link? Thanks.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Is the Pro gaming-friendly? Are diagonal directions recognized? They worked great on my 700wx but the 800w usually had fits with them. Pressing diagonals in Morphgear would typically cause strange things to happen.
    Diagonals are not recognized.
  13. fulanit01's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #13  
    Anyone got a good nes emulator running. sounds like there aren't any solid gba emulators paid or free (w/ fullscreen and good speed)?

    tried pocketnester 0.7a but can't get it to run fullscreen.

Posting Permissions