1.    #1  
    I have a 800w and love it, I am also getting a BB curve, I like that it was the keyboard, but what are some of the pros and cons in comparison to the treo, not so much aesthetically but features and things wise. I love threaded text on treo, some of my concerns are as follow:

Call log capacity
    Threaded text messaging
    contacts capacity
    picture messaging
    pocket express
    songs as ringers
    music store
    additional programs
    battery life
    belt clip case?
    does the entire device work off BB servers
    back up software
    anything else you feel like sharing or telling me in comparing to a WM device particularly a treo

Thanks
    I have both.

As a phone, call quality and all that Curve hands down.
    Call log capacity-only 20 numbers
    Contacts-500+
    Threaded text-BlackBerry Messenger is sick if you have other friends with BB's.
    Picture Messaging-Same as every other PDA.
    Pocket Express- Same as every other PDA.
    Songs as Ringers- Same as the 800.
    Music Store- Same as every other PDA.
    Additional Programs- More Apps available for Windows. Download the latest OS for HTML email.
    Battery Life- This is where the Curve kills the 800. It's literally 30-40 times longer.
    Belt clip/case- It comes with a leather one. I use a generic on that can fit any PDA>
    Back Up Software- Use the Desktop Manager (the disc will come with your device). Back it up on your computer.

The Curve has a better screen, battery (like mentioned), friendly/easy OS, lighter, better looking and more.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I had a cruve before, and here is what I liked and didn't like about the curve.

Curve

Pros
    Keyboard
    volume on ear peice and speaker
    screen
    I liked the track ball.
    responsive.
    the media player was great
    I like how it has usb mass storage mode, just drag and drop your music
    only rest once in a 4 month period and I was doing something and I rest it
    size
    The threaded text was ok, I think it only saves the last 7 messages and then you have to go to the next to view the other 7 so it doesn't save it all in one message from one sender.

Cons
    The quality of material sucked compared to the treo, it felt like a cheapy plastic toy compared to the solid feel of the treo 800w or even 700wx. I carry the phone in my pocket at all times, and after a day I started having lent and dust under the screen, and after a week the whole phone squeeked and the entire screen was covered in dust. I went through 3 of them in the first month and everyone had issues with built quilty.
    Treo 650>XV6700>Moto Q>BB Curve>Moto Q9>Treo 700wx>Treo 800w>Samsung Moment
    The other thing about the Curve is that it has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. It was great for listening to music on the way to class when I had one.
    I spent a painful 3 weeks using the curve. I never got on with the track ball or the interface. My company has a BES server and that made it so I could not sync my data at home properly. It also sucked for my personal email because it would stick it in the same mailbox with my work email. I also had to sign some thing that said if I left the company they would wipe all the data of it wirelessly. Yeah right!

The kicker was the $30 a month that sprint charged for BlackBerry data.

For me the 800w is worlds better and plus I now have all my Palm programs back using StyleTap
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6.    #6  
    the diamond does picmail very well where there is no link or anythig the pic comes directly to the phone, is the curve the same?
    how easy is it to turn my songs into ringers? i know the diamond actually has an mp3 trimmer app on it
    in terms of the call log thats a BUMMER is there any way to make it longer
    I have the 800w and a BB 8310. The bottom line is that RIM's BB OS can't touch WM and has no where near as many applications. The Curves have great battery life and that's about the only plus I give it. And they only have that battery life, because they are weaker overall. Depending on the model of Curve you get, just wait till you see how much harder it is to insert and remove a MicroSD card. Not to mention, depending on the model you may have less MicroSD capacity than with the 800w.

Just compare the specs of the Treo 800w with the BB curve you're looking at and see what features you'll not have with the BB curve. I mean if you just want to talk on the phone and send e-mails, the BB plus plenty of other devices do a great job. But if you want more, Treo 800w hands down. You'll see the difference yourself, depending on if you do more than talk on the phone, send e-mails and text messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I spent a painful 3 weeks using the curve. I never got on with the track ball or the interface. My company has a BES server and that made it so I could not sync my data at home properly. It also sucked for my personal email because it would stick it in the same mailbox with my work email.
    You are able to create multiple email profiles which will avoid the problem above.
  9.    #9  
    obviously im sprint so its 8330
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    obviously im sprint so its 8330
    You'll have to do like with

And your MicroSD max is 8GB. (Because the highest BB OS you can get is 4.3.0.203.) And that's not a speculative like with the Treo 800w. The Treo 800w just might work with higher, but with the BB the limitation is OS locked and so it's certain that max is 8GB unless BB increases it. And that's VERY unlikely for the 8330, given even their BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 is locked to 8GB. They won't go higher till the new models like the Bold are released with their newer software. (With a whopping 16GB limit... )
    I currently run 4.5.0.66 OS on my curve and its solid. The new OS available now adds many features 4.3 lacks. Obviously HTML, audio enhancements, new menu features all a plus.

Though I'm a Windows junky I must say since owning a Curve you realize a few things.

1. Windows is such a memory hog. Battery life with a Windows device (especially the 800) vs. a BB device is a dramatic difference. Simplicity is an uderstatement. There really is no comparison between the two so I won't even go into it.

2. Windows requires patience. With a BB device what you get is a dramatic decrease in freezing. You won't be doing soft resets a few times a week (or a day for some). There is no such thing as hard resets. Its almost maintenance free.

3. I have to hand it to RIMM. Most PDA Companies get caught up into jamming as many features into a phone but lack in one area, its a phone. The phone portion of BB's is awesome. Earpiece can be adjusted for bass/treble and audio boost. The 800 pretty much blows in this category.

Listen, I know I've dissed the 800 in many threads. However I am a 800 user once again. I've spent much time with both devices. Look if the 800 could hold a prayer to the Curve in battery life and earpiece audio quality the 800 would be the best device ever.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    VibrantRedGT - Why don't you get a BT headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    VibrantRedGT - Why don't you get a BT headset?
    Only use it in the car. Not one for having it in my ear all the time. Just not one of those guys.