Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use the Jabra BT8010. It does pick up background noise some. I've had people comment about where I was calling from, on occasion. But only because of background noise, not from any lack of sound quality & clarity of my voice. And the audio is pretty close to the wired earbuds I use.

Bill
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I am using a Jabra BT5020 and love it. Works great with the Pro, other than the normal BT/CW issues. I am in the process of writing Culligan about this crap. I want to be paid for being a beta tester!
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Treo 750 WM6 --> Treo 750 WM5 -> WM6 -> Treo Pro
    io am using the Plantronics 855. Its great, ears cushions are a bit hard on the ears at first. I guess I aqm use to them now.
    I just got the Jabra BT3030 and for the most part I like it, the volume isn't very loud though even at highest level, is there anything i can do to get the volume level higher?

Also it is a little tricky now and then to pair, i turn it on and sometimes have to fidget with turning the BT on/off on the phone and various combinations to get it to sync, and I have to enter the code "0000" everytime, why?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    BlueAnt Z9 & Z9i both work great with the Pro and Treo 750.

Previously had a Motorola (H700??) people said I sounded like my head was in a bucket.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    When your headest is paired with your Pro, shouldn't there be some indication on the screen?

My old 650 would 'wake up' when I paired, and the BT icon would change (though that was a bit hit-and-miss) and the BB Bold I tried had a headset icon appear with the connection icons on the top row.

But with my Pro, I get no confirmation I have paired it at all. Is there any setting I have missed, surely there should be something?
    Same here I use BlueAnt Z9i and it gives a Beep when connecting I have reason to also carry a Treo 750 and it also Beeps but the BT Icon on the 750 changes colour...but the Pro has no visual sign...would be good if Palm came up with a fix - (BlueAnt Z9i will pair with 2 mobiles at once)
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    At first, my previously paired Plantronics Voyager 520 (dead Palm 755p), would not pair with my new Palm Pro, how could this be? I assumed that once you turned on the headset it would automatically pair with a bt phone, but with this model, you need to turn it off, then press the button and hold it to turn on and keep holding it pressed until you see red and blue flashing lights. My Pro picked up the headset right away.
    Is there a setting that I am missing or maybe it just can't do it. I went from the Q9C to a BB Curve to my TP and the BT doesn't work the same on the TP.

With the Q9C if I was using my BT then anything that should come thru the earpiece did, EX.. Windows Media, Sprint TV, GPS Navigation.

With the BB if I was using my BT Car stereo then all but Navigation came thru my radio speakers.

When I connect my TP via BT the only thing that comes thru are my calls. No media, TV or anything else. This should be thru A2DP correct?? Is there a setting that I am missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Jawbone (original) works perfectly.
    I almost thre the original Jawbone out my car window the other day. Totally frustrating. I can hear everyone, but no one could hear me. Yes I had the end of it touching my jawbone. Piece of crap!
    Quote Originally Posted by smlawrence View Post
    Is there a setting that I am missing or maybe it just can't do it. I went from the Q9C to a BB Curve to my TP and the BT doesn't work the same on the TP.

With the Q9C if I was using my BT then anything that should come thru the earpiece did, EX.. Windows Media, Sprint TV, GPS Navigation.

With the BB if I was using my BT Car stereo then all but Navigation came thru my radio speakers.

When I connect my TP via BT the only thing that comes thru are my calls. No media, TV or anything else. This should be thru A2DP correct?? Is there a setting that I am missing?
    Does anyone have an idea or recommendation??
    I got the TP the day alltel came out with it and have used my jabra 8040 ever since... I've never had a dropped call or a caller who couldn't hear me after I switched b ack over from a different call or let one call go to voicemail... also with my jabra when its connected to my TP an icon shows up at the top of the today screen letting me know its active... the 8040 does use the micro charger but it doesn't carry enuf juice to charge the TP but the TPs charger will chage the 8040 just fine... the only problem I have isnt major all of my sound works fine ... except on incoming calls I don't hear my ringtone like I did on my Q9c but that's no big deal the Jabra still beeps and all so I know a call is coming in...
    Just an update. A month ago, I got the Plantronics Voyager Pro. So far it's the best BT headset I've had for my hearing the conversation clearly. I've now used it with two phones (Treo Pro & Tilt 2) & I still sometimes get asked if I'm on a landline. It doesn't do music, but you can use something like acbToggleBT to redirect all audio to the headset temporarily. You'll get a small pop each time it switches & it automatically terminates when you close an audio app. It's best to map it to a key for easy access -- I used my email button, since I never access email that way.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12