Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Is there any way to configure some sort of persistent indicator that I have an email waiting?

I know that there's no way to trigger the voicemail light. Is there something else that will tell me at a glance that there are unread emails?
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post
    Is there any way to configure some sort of persistent indicator that I have an email waiting?

I know that there's no way to trigger the voicemail light. Is there something else that will tell me at a glance that there are unread emails?
    Yea,
    I'm not sure what were going to do without an LED
    Maybe, with time, someone will figure out a way to use the new 5-way light.
    Just call me Berd.
    I cant say about 'at a glace', but phonealarm will buzz your phone or alert you when a voicemail or an email is waiting.. check it out.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Are there any programs that will put the number of unread emails on the screen saver, like the indicator for new voicemails?
    About the voicemail-light: it would be fairly easy to make a script or app that polls the necessary email-regkey and copies that value to the vmail-regkey, say once a minute or so. The beacon would start to glow for email...

If I had more time I would create this myself, but currently that is out of the question. Maybe someone can create this with Mortscript?

ps: I use SPB Phone suite (which only displays correctly in 96dpi mode currently) and you can configure it to remind you every X minutes for email, sms, etc. That may help you out for now...
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your request, but surely if you go to start>settings>today>items and tick the 'messaging' box it will always show on the Today screen how many unread emails, MMS and SMS messages you have?

Or do you mean flashing lights, singing + dancing type indicators?
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsim View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your request, but surely if you go to start>settings>today>items and tick the 'messaging' box it will always show on the Today screen how many unread emails, MMS and SMS messages you have?

Or do you mean flashing lights, singing + dancing type indicators?
    My Palm OS would blink the charging LED until unread email were read - even if the device was asleep. Like a blackberry.

Push email seems sort of pointless if you have to be looking at the device to know there's an email.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    OK, gotcha.
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    there IS an LED on this phone.. its just only used for charging.. maybe someday someone will make an application for this to be more usable as well.
    -tgwaste
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    there IS an LED on this phone.. its just only used for charging.. maybe someday someone will make an application for this to be more usable as well.
    MSGLED doesn't work on the Treo Pro?
    I've been using this on my 750 as a workaround...bummer if it doesn't.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=298637
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    MSGLED doesn't work on the Treo Pro?
    I've been using this on my 750 as a workaround...bummer if it doesn't.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=298637
    No, doesn't seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    Yea, you're right.
    So hopefully, if not both, at the very least, one or the other.
    Just call me Berd.
    that would be really helpful
    Treo Alert Pro works fine with me for notifications of new emails, SMS and my charging light blinks orange when either one arrives.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yes...Treo Alert Pro works great with both Flexmail and POutlook email notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Yes...Treo Alert Pro works great with both Flexmail and POutlook email notifications.
    That is correct.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t