Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'm using realvga at 96dpi on my Pro - For most applications it is outstanding. However, I keep running into issues with the phone application - more specifically, the incoming call notification popup.

When using the Pro's phone skin, my incoming call popups get partially cutoff at the bottom. When I disable the phone skin in realvga, the incoming call popups disappear altogether. When I switch back to 128dpi (not my preference) all is fine.

Any thoughts on how to get this function to work right (or, in the alternative, install a different dialpad app)?
    I use RealVGA without the "disable phoneskin" checked, and currently I see:

Incoming call
    Line 1
    First name Last name
    Company name
    Telephone number

That last line with telephone number is partially behind the soft keys row, but that is not a deal breaker for me. Perhaps when an unknown person calls I might not be able to see whom it is, but then it is an unknown caller after all.

Otherwise the realvga 96dpi environment is really great, I like it so much better. I'm planning on posting a tutorial on my site next week.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    I use RealVGA without the "disable phoneskin" checked, and currently I see:
    Incoming call
    Line 1
    First name Last name
    Company name
    Telephone number
    That last line with telephone number is partially behind the soft keys row, but that is not a deal breaker for me.
    Mmm ... I've just installed RealVGA_11.CAB and ResPack96dpi.ARM.CAB , and find RealVGA works fine in this case. With incoming calls I see all four lines. The telephone number was not obscured by the soft keys row. I wonder what's the difference in my setup from yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    I'm planning on posting a tutorial on my site next week.
    Looking forward to this tutorial post of yours. So I can point my other TreoPro friends to that post to install RealVGA. The XDA-Dev original thread on RealVGA is a bit daunting for newbies.

Anyway, I'm currently using 96dpi mode on my TreoPro, with almost no problems. However, I do see my title bar in my Today screen having "corrupted" battery status icon, and "corrupted" task manager icon. Still looking for a solution for that.
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
    Anyway, I'm currently using 96dpi mode on my TreoPro, with almost no problems. However, I do see my title bar in my Today screen having "corrupted" battery status icon, and "corrupted" task manager icon. Still looking for a solution for that.
    Interesting. Guess I'm looking forward to that same tutorial. On my TP, no matter what mode or app I'm in, the incoming call notification doesn't show at all with RealVGA installed, resolution doesn't matter. All other onscreen notifications work fine. If I uninstall RealVGA, I get the incoming call notifications, again.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    On my TP, no matter what mode or app I'm in, the incoming call notification doesn't show at all with RealVGA installed, resolution doesn't matter.
    Have you tried changing to "96dpi" mode with the "Disable phone skin" box *unticked*? I get incoming call notifications with that, as mentioned by oVan earlier.
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
    Have you tried changing to "96dpi" mode with the "Disable phone skin" box *unticked*? I get incoming call notifications with that, as mentioned by oVan earlier.
    OK. I'll try that. Thanks.