1.    #1  
    i have been trying to load the VZAppZone program and keep getting an error in windows. I updated the 700wx to WM6 Pro when verizon released it. does anybody know of a updated CAB file for VZAppZone? im trying to put on that mobile IM program they offer for AOL, Yahoo, And MSN using SMS... Anybody have any ideas?
    I don't know anything about VZAppZone, but if you are just looking for a messaging program whynot use some other software? I use OctroTalk for my Google Talk IM...
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    I have to agree with Vetack....use some other software...I am not sure what VZAppZone has, but I think it is more for actual 'smartphones' (I know the Treo is coined as a snartphone, but it isn't) and I don't see the wx as a compatible device when I look on the site.

I use Slick from Lonely CAt Games!! It handles AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, MSN, Googletalk, Jabber.....well here is the quote from the site:

Features:

Supported protocols:
    ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, MSN, Google Talk, Jabber
    Text messaging
    Emoticons
    Alerts - sound, backlight, vibration, notify window displaying number of new messages
    Group and buddy management (add, delete, rename)
    Message history
    File transfer - send and receive files
    Sending / receiving offline messages
    Downloading files sent as links
    More features to be added

and the site:
    http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=slick

Works great on my wx, I would attach the zip as well, but it is too large....good luck, let me know how it goes, or what you decide on!!

Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I use Slick from Lonely CAt Games!! It handles AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, MSN, Googletalk, Jabber.....
    How is Slick?

When I first got my 700wx I downloaded Octro Talk because it was the only Freeware I could find that supported GoogleTalk.

The only problem I am having is OctroTalk won't "stay alive" with Magic Button...
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    I find Slick works very well. I'm not sure what magic button does to Octro, but I use WA that has a task manager in the system-bar, so I minimize Slick while not actively chatting. The thing you would have to watch is how many apps you run at once, Treo is big on closing out apps at the drop of a hat LOL!!! For a free IM app, I feel it covers all the bases for me!!!