1.    #1  
    If I start up the ICS application it connects and then disconnects within a couple seconds.

But if I change the network connection in the ICS app from ICS to ATT it seems to work. Is that the prescribed method or what? I swear it worked prior set to ICS but I cancelled my tethering a day ago.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVE4SPD View Post
    If I start up the ICS application it connects and then disconnects within a couple seconds.

But if I change the network connection in the ICS app from ICS to ATT it seems to work. Is that the prescribed method or what? I swear it worked prior set to ICS but I cancelled my tethering a day ago.

Thanks!
    Supposedly ICS is for isp.cingular (tether plan)
    and ATT is for Media Net (wap.cingular)

I use ATT.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    I see. I swear it was faster on the ICS. Hmmm might be worth trying again.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I always have to select ATT - ICS never works for me. I do have tethering in my plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVE4SPD View Post
    I see. I swear it was faster on the ICS. Hmmm might be worth trying again.
    It very well could have been faster with ICS:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...44&postcount=8

Back when I was on my 8525, I always made the setting changes to cause my phone to use isp.cingular (yes, it was faster) it was only available for
    'pda connect and laptop connect' (not medianet) Somewhere along the line Att decided that they wanted to reserve the isp for tether plans and laptop connect.
    But many of us with pda connect could convince them that we needed to stay on isp because of VPN. For me I had to use isp to access my office computer, it wouldn't let me in unless it saw my phone as another computer.
    Att has to provision your plan to allow you to use isp.
    When I got the 750, I never bothered again to try and set up isp.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I always have to select ATT - ICS never works for me. I do have tethering in my plan.
    You may want to call Att.
    I'm pretty sure ICS is supposed to be availble for tether plans.
    You will need the data department, and sometimes someone a little smarter then the one who answers the phone. I went three rounds before I got someone who didn't treat me like I didn't know what I was talking about.
    Back when I battled the issue, I still needed access to my work computer.
    And the guy who put isp back on for me, was completely reasonable and knew exactly why I needed it.
    Just call me Berd.
    How much is the tethering plan? That's good for traveling when you have no wifi spots and don't want to use the hotel's overpriced DSL.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How much is the tethering plan? That's good for traveling when you have no wifi spots and don't want to use the hotel's overpriced DSL.
    $60/month - I think at that price it includes at&t wifi as well...
    So about $115 a month including calling plan? I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it. Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10.    #10  
    well keep in mind you can tether with the $30 plan it just may not be as fast. (not sure on speed yet)

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    So about $115 a month including calling plan? I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it. Thanks!
    I don't think the data plans require a contract (unless you used it for a rebate) but my point is; I think you can add the tether plan when you need it, and remove it when you don't.
    Infact many tether without the plan, but really, that's kinda stealing, because Att doesn't approve tethering without a tether plan.
    conscientiously, if one tethers on few occasions, than it prolly isn't something to sweat.
    Isn't tethering on lower plans a little dangerous? I'm not sure how much they would add on if they caught me, although this wouldn't be an everyday thing anyway.

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    You may want to call Att.
    I'm pretty sure ICS is supposed to be availble for tether plans.
    For the amount I use it, using "ATT" is fine for me. Not worth the hassle to play CSR roulette.