1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried Voice Command? What's the activator and it will support voice dialing, right?
    Not sure what you mean by activator, but i set it to use the side button. It does work for voice dialing but not all that well. After the 4th time of saying call claudia" and it calls natalie, it gets kinda old.

Not to mention it could get me in trouble!
  3.    #3  
    I did see where I could change the side button to Voice Command and changed it as well. I see the little microphone icon appear at the top of the screen and I agree, it's not very responsive.

I got spoiled with the Motorola Q9h's voice command. Hopefully, the Pro's has a short leaning curve.
    Well I get good results... I try my best US English and so far so good. It's a bit weird hearing my Flemish contact names pronounced in English, but I believe it's possible to use the Display As field of a contact to add an alternative calling name.
    I linked it to the sidebutton push too, not the sidebutton hold action.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    I too have mine mapped to the side button and have not had any problems with it understanding me. Even in the car over headset it still works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Has anyone tried Voice Command? What's the activator and it will support voice dialing, right?
    I use Voice Command and it works flawlessly with my Jabra JX-10. The same combo worked perfectly with the Treo 750 too. I would say the usability is excellent. I have over 900 contacts and voice dial usually finds the person I ask for. I might occasionally have to repeat the command, but not enough to bother me. This is an important feature to me, and it would be a deal breaker if it did not work.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Mapped the side button to Voice command (by default is set to camera).

I have used it and it is VERY good. With my Tilt I had several misses, but with the Pro I have had only one. It works extremely well with my Jawbone BT headset.

I have used the voice command to speed dial, launch apps and have it read my appointments of the day
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Mapped the side button to Voice command (by default is set to camera).

I have used it and it is VERY good. With my Tilt I had several misses, but with the Pro I have had only one. It works extremely well with my Jawbone BT headset.

I have used the voice command to speed dial, launch apps and have it read my appointments of the day
    You can have both mapped to the side button (voice command & camera), see the link above
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Man great link! I'll definitely try that in order to get an extra button action. With so many shortcuts available I rarely have to use the Programs window anymore

Off I go to get a registry editor, I guess it's a required piece of software to have in any WM device.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Voice dial and recognition seem to work well on my Motorola H12 BT headset.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net