Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got the Treo on Release day also. They said that since I was a long term (10+) years they would swap it for a Touch pro and I would have to pay the difference $50. ( 80)W is $550 and Touch Pro is $600) . Im probally gonna do it . While I love my 800W the pro is the same size and has more features , better camera etc. the only drawback is the slideout keyboard but I need to play with it for a few days and then decide if I want to return the 800W. They are giving me a few days to try it out. The Touch Pro is being shipped ot me with a return kit and I have a few days to put it in the mail the rep told me OR just return the Touch pro . So if you have been a sprint customer for 10+ years give them a call.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I called sprint to ask about the Touch pro and they gave me it for free if I want it . Well not free but a swap . I am 4 weeks over my 30 days BUT they said they will let me return it and they will send me a Touch PRO . Now trying to decide what to do. I love the 800W BUT I really love the Touch Pro ( on paper) . And no I did not threaten to leave sprint or anything , they said the only reason they are doing it is because A I have been with them for more than 10 years. B . I paid full price for my Centro and $450 for my 800W and My plan was $150 a month. Think I will make the switch but stil not decided as I do love the 800W. I got 2 weeks to think about it. Was nice of them . I didnt have to sign a new contract, I didnt have any discounts etc.

I will play with the touch pro for a few days and then if I like it return the 800W. The pictures of the Touch Pro make it look big but the specs shows it smaller then the 800W and the same exact thinness and wieght. Guess pictures can be decieving. And the test pictures of the camera at 3.2 megapixels are amazing for a phone and the flash and TV out features are seriously nice.

Would love to see some comparison pictures of the 800W and Touch Pro next to each other but cant find any on the net.
    already available?
    no they said they will ship it out on Oct 19th which is the release date.
    Hmm....something to consider. Anyone else try this?
    I'm gonna call Sprint up and see if they will offer me this swap for $50. How would it work? They send me the Touch Pro and then I send them the Treo800 back? What if my Treo has water damage (the red stripes on the battery turned red) but it still works and everything is fine. Would they ask me to take back my Treo and return their Touch Pro?

Hmm.......... Interesting
    Looks like the touch pro release is going to be delayed...that sucks.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...CmoreStories.0
    I was interested in the Touch Pro but Sprint totally screwed up my 30 day trial. Looks like Im sticking with the 800.

Looks to be a nice looking feature packed device. VGA and all the sensors makes me wonder about battery life. Its got to be better than the 800 I would hope. Most of us are not big slider keyboard fans. It makes devices thick and heavy. My Mogul was a brick.

The Pro is going to do very well.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Rggg , they were supposed to ship my Pro out toimorrow , I guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I was interested in the Touch Pro but Sprint totally screwed up my 30 day trial. Looks like Im sticking with the 800.

Looks to be a nice looking feature packed device. VGA and all the sensors makes me wonder about battery life. Its got to be better than the 800 I would hope. Most of us are not big slider keyboard fans. It makes devices thick and heavy. My Mogul was a brick.

The Pro is going to do very well.
    Thick and heavy? Not compared to the 800w. LOL
    Treo 800w
    Thick: 0.73 inches
    Weight: 4.94 oz
    Rated Talk Time: 4.0hrs

Sprint Touch Pro
    Thick: 0.71 inches
    Weight: 5.83 oz
    Rated Talk Time: 3.75hrs

Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 10/17/2008 at 11:01 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    So the 800w is clearly thicker than the Touch Pro? Never would have guessed that. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    So the 800w is clearly thicker than the Touch Pro? Never would have guessed that. LOL
    I guess if that .02 inches of thickness is important to you....and worth .89 oz of extra weight, as well as the inherent issues of having a slider, then I'd say go for it. It's all about finding a form factor that works for you.

I'm always amazed by the venom that folks can generate over other people's choices of a cell phone.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    .02 isn't something you would notice so they are essentially the same size but the pro is heavier. but again that's also minimal. Love the 800w but really wanted my pro next week. hopefully its only 2 weeks delay.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12