Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I heard some plastic sound when I shake my treo pro near my ear, it sounds like a piece of part is loose, common?

I shake my iphone and 650, no such sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    I heard some plastic sound when I shake my treo pro near my ear, it sounds like a piece of part is loose, common?

I shake my iphone and 650, no such sound.
    Call palm for a replacement
    Just call me Berd.
    I get a tiny shake noise, but it's pretty clearly the ringer switch. When I place my finger on the ringer switch, it goes away.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Call palm for a replacement
    maybe I should continue to test? what is the warranty period for a free replacement?
    You should prolly verify Dieters thought.

The warranty is 1 year.
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #6  
    You should prolly verify Dieters thought.

The warranty is 1 year.

Yes, Dieters is right, it is the ringer button. So what shall I do now?
    Well, if more people post that they have the same noise, the chances are a replacement will be the same.
    Don't have a Pro (Yet) to verify.
    Just call me Berd.
    I have it too. It's very slight. I reckon it's nothing. If I'd never read this thread I probably would never have known it existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    So what shall I do now?
    Stop shaking your Treo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Stop shaking your Treo!!!
    Classic!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    why are people so keen to send phones back for every tiny issue? No wonder Palm isn't making any money!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    why are people so keen to send phones back for every tiny issue? No wonder Palm isn't making any money!
    really?

guys if you spend $500 on a phone and it has even the SLIGHTEST issue.. you send it back for another.

this is your hard earned money.. if palm doesnt want to do replacements they should make a better product or sell the current one for much less.

having said that: my treo pro is working fine. cept for soft tick card export.. but im gonna try the newest version to hopefully fix.
    -tgwaste
    It's not just with Palm.
    I will send something back for the slightest issue.
    In the past, I would have maybe dealt with it, but too many times have I been stuck with something and the company doesn't do anything to rectify.

Like this:

Quote Originally Posted by rkrishnamurthy View Post
    Bad news guys,
    i already have a small crack near the ringer switch. Mine is barely 2 weeks old. i am super careful user and i swear that i haven't dropped or knocked it anywhere.

The worst is, when i called and informed palm about this, they just don't want to accept it. they simply say since my set has a crack it will be considered as out of warranty set here after. i am so pissed off.
    Just call me Berd.
    It's not just with Palm.
    I will send something back for the slightest issue.
    In the past, I would have maybe dealt with it, but too many times have I been stuck with something and the company doesn't do anything to rectify.

Like this:
    ya, palm has never cared (Language) about its customers. stick it to em as much as possible i say.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/07/2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Language
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    ya, palm has never cared about its customers. stick it to em as much as possible i say.
    I'm not quite that harsh.
    I'm just saying, if I have the slightest issue with my $2500 laptop or my $500 phone, I won't hesitate to say something.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/07/2009 at 03:31 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
  16.    #16  

I didn't say I will return.

I have nearly purchased every model of palm pda (pda phone) since Palm IIIx. I have to say sometimes I'm picky and not easy to hold my temper.
    my ringer switch is very tight, no rattling in the least
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey View Post
    my ringer switch is very tight, no rattling in the least
    Same here
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    My pro is solid, no noise when shaken. And I also would send it back for a rattle issue. That rattling ringer switch will prolly break the day after the warrantee is up.
    Who is in charge of quality control? aargh!
    Just got my replacement Pro and it has the Rattle.
    Pretty irritating, Trade in one problem for another.
    Now I'm not sure what I want to do.
    Keep the one without the 'Click Feel' on the Start button or keep the Rattle.

Link to 'Click Feel' thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=172350
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast