1.    #1  
    I want to change the internet button to launch Opera instead of Explorer. But I don't see the option in the Settings/Buttons menu. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by azlarry View Post
    I want to change the internet button to launch Opera instead of Explorer. But I don't see the option in the Settings/Buttons menu. Am I missing something?
    The soft menu buttons are not considered buttons (these are stored in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys), you can change them in registry here: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\
    There are two entries there: 112 and 113. Both contain two strings: Open and Default. Open contains the path to the program you want, Default contains the display string on the screen.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!
    Or easier still you can use the softkey applet that I forgot where I found. You copy the applet file to windows folder and it creates applet icon under settings and the applet can change the left and right softkeys for you. I will post back if i found the link.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    There's also AEButtons plus - where you can re-assign buttons and even add more than one feature per button. 1-click, 2-click, 3 click, press and hold.
    Haven't got a pro (YET) to try it, but loved the the app on my 8525.
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #6  
    That would be great, please post if you find it.

Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Or easier still you can use the softkey applet that I forgot where I found. You copy the applet file to windows folder and it creates applet icon under settings and the applet can change the left and right softkeys for you. I will post back if i found the link.
    That would be great, please post if you find it.
    Can also be changed in SK Tools under TuneUp!>Buttons
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I use a freeware program to change the softkeys. DotFred Softkey Applet
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #9  
    I downloaded the app, but after installing it I don't see it in the settings. Not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by tippymn View Post
    I use a freeware program to change the softkeys. DotFred Softkey Applet
    I downloaded the app, but after installing it I don't see it in the settings. Not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas?
    Sorry, you will need to soft reset and it will be in settings/personal/softkey
  11.    #11  
    Got it, very cool! Thanks! So far I haven't needed a registry editor. Life is good