1.    #1  
    A couple of questions:

1. Is there a Butler equivalent for WM? I really miss the alarms (in fact I'm still using my 650 as a dedicated alarm clock).

2. Is it possible to use the Treo sound in the alarm application? Unless I'm mistaken the alarm sounds are limited to a handful of feeble system tones that certainly wouldn't have me leaping out of bed in the morning.

Thanks.
    Treo Alert might be of interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem View Post
    2. Is it possible to use the Treo sound in the alarm application? Unless I'm mistaken the alarm sounds are limited to a handful of feeble system tones that certainly wouldn't have me leaping out of bed in the morning.
    Put the sound you want as a wave file (.wav) in the "\Windows" directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    This is correct. The clock&alarms app only "see" .wav files in the windows directory - it does not see .mp3 or .mid files.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Thanks. That did the trick.
    Though the Treo Pro seems to have a weaker volume than the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem View Post
    A couple of questions:

1. Is there a Butler equivalent for WM? I really miss the alarms (in fact I'm still using my 650 as a dedicated alarm clock).

Thanks.
    I have a REALLY good alarm signal that get's me out of bed (and I can sleep through an earthquake). I think it was originally posted by Hobbes. I can't attach it though as it's a wav file, so if you pm me and give me your E-mail address I can send it to you.

Marianne
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    I have a REALLY good alarm signal that get's me out of bed (and I can sleep through an earthquake). I think it was originally posted by Hobbes. I can't attach it though as it's a wav file, so if you pm me and give me your E-mail address I can send it to you.

Marianne
    Oh Marianne I think I would need the same. I need LOUD alarm clock'S' to wake me up. I am pm'ing you. Can you please send me the file. Better still can you zip it and post it here? Thanks.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    And if you ever feel the need to get a quality alarm program chronos is the best http://www.activekitten.com/en/games/detail.php?ID=351 Ive been using it for a year now
    Fizz Alarms seems like a very nice app too: http://www.fizzsoftware.com/products/alarms/alarms.html
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    And if you ever feel the need to get a quality alarm program chronos is the best http://www.activekitten.com/en/games/detail.php?ID=351 Ive been using it for a year now
    My favorite alarm program was MobileClock (aka Bob's Alarm) on Palm, and Chronos looked like an interesting option now that I'm going WM.

Does Chronos work nicely on the Treo Pro? Also, does it support stopwatches and timers?
    I like pTravelAlarm's UI a lot. havent tried chronos ever, but will see if they have a free demo.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    I like pTravelAlarm also, nice simple, straightforward interface and reliable.

G
    I think I managed to zip it...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I use this application on the 800W. It works, but the alarm problems of the 800W cause non-existent alarms to sound and there are times that it will not sound.

If you use MemMaid to manage memory, then after it is run, you just gotta start up Fizz and enable the alarm. Play a bit and check it out though.

Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    Fizz Alarms seems like a very nice app too: http://www.fizzsoftware.com/products/alarms/alarms.html
    I can't use an alarm that goes off when it chooses to. I use the built in alarm function with that terrible sound - that will wake the dead - that I attached in my previous post.