Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just don't understand why palm didn't test it couple of times before it's coming out?

I followed the wmexperts video and opened it easily the first time. But now I couldn't repeat it. It's just sticky and refuse to open!!
  2.    #2  
    thank god, I just did it! feel like I won the world champion.
    I cannot believe how hard it is to open, my hands are sore.
  4.    #4  
    hey, dude, I just found it's crucial to press and push the case both from up and down, that will make it easier.... and dry the hands first.
    Not always though. After 3-4 times it should be bunches easier to take off.
    The battery door is made similar to a few HTC devices I have had so I am very use to it. It seems easy to open so maybe after you get use to it you'll have no trouble.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I just received my Treo Pro today. I can't believe how hard it was to get this damn cover off!

Despite all of the pushing, it wouldn't come off. I finally managed to pry up the bottom right corner and then push it off from there.
    Last edited by cnick6; 10/17/2008 at 05:35 PM.
    I think some are harder than others. Mine was nearly impossible to get off. I found wearing some rubber dishwashing gloves helps. Also, the Palm website suggests a couple methods.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    At least be smart and rip off Blackberry's design. Their latch works great (at least on the Curve.)
    Just got mine. If I can't do this soon then this is going back unopened. What was wrong with the old design???

EDIT: Ahh finally. Ignore what the manual says. There's nothing in that lower right corner. Just cup both hands around front and back and push.
    Last edited by RichChestmat; 10/28/2008 at 08:43 AM.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    OK. I'm not that strong. But once you read Palm's online howto it's more logical & definitely easier. There are two latches, either side of the connector block. You're supposed to press down in those two areas while sliding the cover toward the top of the phone. Your thumbs are pressing down & toward the top at the same time, the rest of your fingers on the keyboard side. Since my finger strength isn't that great, I turn the phone so my midriff holds the top of the phone & my thumbs are pulling instead of pushing. That seems to take less effort & put far less strain on the hands.

HTH

Bill
    You will get use to it. takes a little getting use to.
    Took me 5 min the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    ...clip...
    Ignore what the manual says. There's nothing in that lower right corner. Just cup both hands around front and back and push.
    That's how I've been doing it too.
    Put you hand flat along the back of the Pro, pust down, and push towards the top.
    Treo Pro ROCKS! I am a lucky one to have one. XPS M1730s ROCK!! (I wish I had one!) My laptop ROCKS! (Even though it isn't an M1730)
    Man you guys sound like you're describing to ordeal I have to go through to get the battery door open on my Centro.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I always flip it over, stabilize the upper part with my left hand, and use my thumb to push upward on the lower right corner. Pops off pretty easily for me that way.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I don't remove battery cover as they suggest in the user manual.
    I put my Pro between my hands (as if I was going to clap), and then push up.
    The cover comes off rather easy this way.
    Just call me Berd.
    Believe me, it gets much easier in time. After a while it is easy. Plastic that needs to wear down just a tad and then you are fine. But my method is holding it face down place pressure on the top and bottom of the back in the middle with each thumb (one thumb on top and the other on the bottom) then push down and toward the top so that the back slides up (direction of the ring/vibrate switch).

I don't give it a second thought anymore it is so easy.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I don't remove battery cover as they suggest in the user manual.
    I put my Pro between my hands (as if I was going to clap), and then push up.
    The cover comes off rather easy this way.
    Thank you. Worked the first time
    Hi - I've had my Treo for several months now, and had the same problems opening the battery door. For me, ever since I applied the Bodyguardz film to my Treo, I've had no problems opening the battery door using the standard method on the Palm website. I don't know if it's really the Bodyguardz film that's helping, or simply the fact that I've gotten used to opening it, but I thought I'd share this info. The two-hands method has definitely worked for me too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast