1.    #1  
    This phone never ceases to amaze me. I now randomly get the speaker icon in the system tray all of the sudden. I'm not sure when or why it happens. If i click it it gives me another set of ringer and phone volume sliders along with three radio buttons on the bottom (on, off, vibrate). Interestingly enough switching the hard vibrate button doesnt switch affect the setting in there.

What the hell is this? Anyone else seen this?
    I've seen it happen on mine. The speaker icon replaces the battery meter on mine sometimes. Don't know what causes it though. It appears to be random for me.

Tae
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    This phone never ceases to amaze me. I now randomly get the speaker icon in the system tray all of the sudden. I'm not sure when or why it happens. If i click it it gives me another set of ringer and phone volume sliders along with three radio buttons on the bottom (on, off, vibrate). Interestingly enough switching the hard vibrate button doesnt switch affect the setting in there.

What the hell is this? Anyone else seen this?
    Are you using Wisbar? I had this issue when using Wisbar which I was to able fix through Wisbar settings.
  4.    #4  
    no wisbar....
    it randomly happens to me as well. It replaces the battery icon and seems to occur after i get an error message that something has crashed.

I honestly wish i could get it to appear as a normal feature but haven't figured out how.

i love the phone, but it does have it's weird and wacky quirks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billhelm View Post
    it randomly happens to me as well. It replaces the battery icon and seems to occur after i get an error message that something has crashed.

I honestly wish i could get it to appear as a normal feature but haven't figured out how.

i love the phone, but it does have it's weird and wacky quirks!!
    The Speaker icon is a stock WM6 thing, Palm tweaked it and replaced it with the battery meter. At times (esp after any kind of error like device.exe ) it will change back to the stock WM speaker icon. Soft Reset fixes it.

BigMots
  7.    #7  
    thats really lame. i seem to always get some sort of error every day no matter what and more often then not the speaker icon appears at some point.