1.    #1  
    Hey guys, if I'm not mistaken this is my first post here. (EDIT: Hey, I was right.)

Anyway, I have been looking at a lot of peoples today screens and they just blow mine away. I have a very default set up which has been ok so far, but I just want something..... better. Right now, mine is set up kinda like this:

Start menu bar
    Date bar
    Sprint bar
    Emails
    Texts
    Google bar
    Tasks
    Schedule

I wanna know the most effective way of keeping all of this on the screen and possible adding a thin weather bar app as well.

For example, maybe getting icon's for the email and texts on the same line and moving the date to another?

Any ideas? (the cheaper the better, but I'll shell out the cash for decent progs if need be)
    You could use TreoAlert to get your notifications of emails and texts in one spot and Today Agenda for tasks and Calendar, both are free and a search here should get you to them.

WeatherBug will give you a thin weather app, but a little thicker and you can do WeatherPanel, which rocks. Again, do a search here and you'll find info on both.

I'd ditch the date bar and hack the registry to put the date in the start menu bar. Save some space on your today screen.

Or install and use UltimateLaunch and Real VGA and get all the space you need

GL.
  3.    #3  
    hey thanks. I just got the date in the title bar above the clock as well as a few other random reg edits (such as text messages being up to 10 parts long [hooray for texting messages that are wayyy to long]).

I have my eye on a few progs, but some seem like they may be buggy.

Right now, when I get home from work, I plan on downloading and installing TodayAgenda and Spb Screenshot utility.

I'm still unsure of which weather prog to go with. Weatherpanel seems to be the best, but $13 just for weather? So I may look into others such as Weatherbug Direct.

TreoAlert seems to be semi-buggy right now too, am I correct? If not, I'll DL that asap as well.

I've also seen "MP3 Trimmer" which is pretty much right from the Diamond, as far as I've read, and allows you to crop mp3's on your phone/card and use the cropped section as a ringtone.

I don't really like UltimateLaunch's look and RealVGA has piqued my interest but it's not without some flaws (like the dial pad) so I'll keep an eye on it and once it's a bit more stable, I'll give it a whirl.

All this info makes the phone 10000x better (even though it was good to start with).
    Thanks again.
    No problem, but you have some misinformation.

Weatherpanel, at this point is 'free'. The developer is MIA and some very nice person named StoryR has done some nice work. Search here for the thread and link.

TreoAlert works fine for me, but all I use it for is the LED. Haven't heard too many other problems. Again Hannip, and others, have done nice work with it as well.

UL's 'look' is really all you make it. Many of us have icons and whatnot, but you keep some the same look you have now, just with additional today screens to get more stuff on your phone.

And RealVGA has been real stable for me. It does come with a couple, rather insignificant bugs, but the good far outweighs the bad. And for the price, it's great.

None of the 'bugs' with any of these apps have affected me too much.

Have fun with the phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGraham31 View Post
    Hey guys, if I'm not mistaken this is my first post here. (EDIT: Hey, I was right.)

Anyway, I have been looking at a lot of peoples today screens and they just blow mine away. I have a very default set up which has been ok so far, but I just want something..... better. Right now, mine is set up kinda like this:

Start menu bar
    Date bar
    Sprint bar
    Emails
    Texts
    Google bar
    Tasks
    Schedule

I wanna know the most effective way of keeping all of this on the screen and possible adding a thin weather bar app as well.

For example, maybe getting icon's for the email and texts on the same line and moving the date to another?

Any ideas? (the cheaper the better, but I'll shell out the cash for decent progs if need be)
    I have the weatherbug app on the top next to the EVDO icon. Doesnt take up any space on the today screen that way.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Steps View Post
    I have the weatherbug app on the top next to the EVDO icon. Doesnt take up any space on the today screen that way.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I went ahead and tried both and I am actually a bigger fan of weather panel right now.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    No problem, but you have some misinformation.

Weatherpanel, at this point is 'free'. The developer is MIA and some very nice person named StoryR has done some nice work. Search here for the thread and link.

TreoAlert works fine for me, but all I use it for is the LED. Haven't heard too many other problems. Again Hannip, and others, have done nice work with it as well.

UL's 'look' is really all you make it. Many of us have icons and whatnot, but you keep some the same look you have now, just with additional today screens to get more stuff on your phone.

And RealVGA has been real stable for me. It does come with a couple, rather insignificant bugs, but the good far outweighs the bad. And for the price, it's great.

None of the 'bugs' with any of these apps have affected me too much.

Have fun with the phone!

Yeah, you're right. I dl'ed Weather Panel and its awesome. RealVGA is interesting, but I dont need it right now. I'm not a big fan of treoAlert but I got phoneAlarm and that works well so far.

Some day I may look into Ultimate Launcher. Just not right now.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGraham31 View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    No problem.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    You could use TreoAlert to get your notifications of emails and texts in one spot
    Does this mean that you would only need one bar for both texts and emails on the today screen? If so, can you explain, or point me to a post that tells how this is done? Thanks