Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have my phone plugged in via USB and it shows its charging, but its going backwards....Why is this?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    I emailed Sprint about this problem and they have offered to replace my phone because it is under 30 days. After unplugging and replugging the USB cord it did manage to charge. Not sure if this is a common problem or worth having the phone replaced.
    Thanks
    Ordered the Treo Pro AC Charger from Sprint....it was listed under accessories for the Pro, got it today and the Pro isn't one of the ones listed on the package, but that might be because the Pro just came out and it uses the same charger....
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I need your help and opinions.

I just order this USB car charger. It say "1 Amp High Output". Yea right ???

Link: http://www.gomadic.com/unusbcarchar.html

Well, it will charge ONLY if I am not running any application.

The problem is I like to run GPS software on the Pro and in my car and when this thing is plug, its not charging. It is actually draining.

Is this the same with all the USB car charger as listed in Post #1?

Is there any USB car charger out there that would charge when running power intensive application?

I remember when I had my Dell Axim x51v, the only time it would charge and running the application is when my battery is fully charged at 95% or more. Is this the same case here?
    Last edited by chong67; 04/16/2009 at 07:42 PM.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Sorry for the double post, but I am trying to get max coverage.

I have problem with my Gomadic USB car charger which they claim charge at 1 AMP and after I email their tech support that their device doesnt work, they reply back with this below:

====

Actually, it's just another USB car adapter. The difference is that the one we sent has the data lines looped which will put your device in charge mode. You'll see when it arrives!

Sincerely,
    Gomadic

====

Is this what you all are talking about in post #1 about something shorted?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I got the "OEM Motorola Micro USB RAPID Car Charger for RAZR2 V9m" from eBay My World - talkaccessories and it was genuine motorola high power charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I got the "OEM Motorola Micro USB RAPID Car Charger for RAZR2 V9m" from eBay My World - talkaccessories and it was genuine motorola high power charger.
    Can you confirm that this charger will work with the Pro? I've been looking for a reliable seller on ebay....
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    remember, as a general rule for the pro: if the data lines are shorted/looped/tied together, it will work regardless of app running or what your phone is doing.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Is that what my post #65 is saying from Gomadic?
    That's what it sounds like.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    remember, as a general rule for the pro: if the data lines are shorted/looped/tied together, it will work regardless of app running or what your phone is doing.
    Just to confirm. I shorted the data pins on most of my chargers and have had no problems since. Also so far i havent had any problems charging my other devices after making the change.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How do you shorted the data pins?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    there are 2 way to short the data pins:

-open the charger and apply solder the the two center pins of the usb connector and solder a wire across them... but make sure the cable only shorts those two pins and nothing else.

- grab a cable, strip it to get to the center wires and look for the two data wires (most likely they'll be blue and green, but NOT black or red). strip them and tie them together. use this cable to charge your devices, but remember this cable won't be capableof doing regular usb data transfers.
    Is there any reason we couldn't find an adapter with the data pins shorted? Meaning instead of having to alter chargers or cables, have a USB adapter with them shorted in it? That would allow us to use any USB charging option, even borrow a quick charge from a friend without altering the devices...
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    Can you confirm that this charger will work with the Pro? I've been looking for a reliable seller on ebay....
    yes it works. I had it for my 800w and it works fine on my pro
    Great thanks! I should be getting mine in the mail today, even though the seller told me it wouldn't work with the Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    Great thanks! I should be getting mine in the mail today, even though the seller told me it wouldn't work with the Pro.
    that seller of that charger told you it wouldn't? i got that exact charger from that seller and it works. if it doesn't let me know and let me know exact part number you get.
    I'll let you know...it's suppose to be the SPN5400, which is the same one that treocentral store is selling I think.
    Just got it in the mail and the sticker says SPN5400A

Not sure what the A stands for?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I got another USB charger from Gomadic yesterday.

I had my TT7 running and guess what, it charges!

I try to look at the shorted pin from outside but I cant see it. Do I have to open up the charger?

Anyhow I am happy. It is expandable as it uses a USB cable.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast