Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't know if this helps but I have the 800w and it does not charge quickly with the stock USB cable and a usb wall or car charger. I got a charge-only USB cable from Discount Cell and it charges as fast as the standard charger.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Yea, it doesn't charge at all.
    All night and didn't budge a %
    I suspect this adapter might do the trick:

http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Adapter...bosnation0e-20
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I've just bought the official Palm microUSB cable. It's exactly the same as the 5 foot cable you get in the box.

The packaging tries to look cool, but it's nowhere near as nice as the box for the phone itself.
    I've confirmed that all you need to do is connect pins 2 and 3 of the USB cable, and a regular charger will work. I did it by popping open a USB charging tip for my laptop power supply, connecting the two pins with a dab of solder, and closing it up. Works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Good thing I had a moto-q Chrarger, the official one that came with my pro won't charge.
    I also have a Moto Q Home charger as well as the car charger. I am waiting from my Treo Pro to get here Monday, so I cant try it, but will the home charger as well as the car charger work?

One other question, assuming the Motorola Q charger will work, then I assume I could use my Motorola Razor (I still use one for phone purposes at work) car charger with the included adaptor that came with the Moto Q.
    My q car charger charges my pro.
    My q wall charger charges my pro.
    My q usb cable charges my pro.
    It's so annoying! I just found my car charger doesnt work at all! It seems palm loves to produce non-compatible products or their R&D never test.

So anyone can recommend a cheap car charger? Or we could ask palm to recall all the usb line??
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    It's so annoying! I just found my car charger doesnt work at all! It seems palm loves to produce non-compatible products or their R&D never test.

So anyone can recommend a cheap car charger? Or we could ask palm to recall all the usb line??
    If it is possible to open up the charger, and you know how to solder or know someone who does that is willing to do it for you, I would say that is the easiest and cheapest way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post

Walmart $9.99
    Car Model # WMCLA-MICUSB
    It is for the NEWER Razars z6c, E8 and LG AX830/AX300

Bought 2 and they work perfect. They also have the wall wort style for charging from your house AC.

-D

Sent from my Palm® Treo™ smartphone.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    An interesting new twist: I left my Pro plugged in to my notebook PC to charge. I then turned my notebook off, but left the cable still in over night. The next morning, the Pro was nearly fully discharged.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    Walmart $9.99
    Car Model # WMCLA-MICUSB
    It is for the NEWER Razars z6c, E8 and LG AX830/AX300

Bought 2 and they work perfect. They also have the wall wort style for charging from your house AC.

-D

Sent from my Palm® Treo™ smartphone.
    Can you give the model/info for the wall wort charger too? I need to get one... Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    An interesting new twist: I left my Pro plugged in to my notebook PC to charge. I then turned my notebook off, but left the cable still in over night. The next morning, the Pro was nearly fully discharged.
    Your Treo apparently kept its state as "plugged in" or "charging" while no juice from your notebook was coming... seems logical but it's unfortunate of course.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    Can you give the model/info for the wall wort charger too? I need to get one... Thanks
    Sorry I didn’t pick one up so I don’t have the packaging to copy down that info… Just swing by your local Wal-Mart and look for the AC Adapter to charge a "Razars z6c, E8 and LG AX830/AX300"… The packaging for the Durabrand has the tips sticking out so you can even test plugging it in to your phone.

-D
    Another local store laptop charge only cable option I found is the RocketFish Universal Mini / Micro USB cable. RockFish is BestBuy’s home brand. This cable is actually a Mini USB cable with a Mini to Micro adapter.

shopper.cnet.com/cell-phone-and-smart/rocketfish-usb-charging-and/4014-6448_9-32959407.html

NOTE: the Mini/Micro adapter does NOT work with my current USB power source plugs other then the ones on my computer. Then on top of the fact that it does not sync data and it is on 18" long, IMHO, the $15.00 price tag is not worth it unless you are in a pinch (which I was )

-D
  16. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    Another local store laptop charge only cable option I found is the RocketFish Universal Mini / Micro USB cable. RockFish is BestBuy’s home brand. This cable is actually a Mini USB cable with a Mini to Micro adapter.

shopper.cnet.com/cell-phone-and-smart/rocketfish-usb-charging-and/4014-6448_9-32959407.html

NOTE: the Mini/Micro adapter does NOT work with my current USB power source plugs other then the ones on my computer. Then on top of the fact that it does not sync data and it is on 18" long, IMHO, the $15.00 price tag is not worth it unless you are in a pinch (which I was )

-D
    Given the fact you need to short the Data pins for full current charging to work on the Pro and other devices (e.g. Q9H, i780), it's fairly obvious that anything labelled as suitable for "Charging and Data Transfer" or "Charge & Sync" isn't going to work. To work with a dumb power source (e.g. car USB/wall PSU) you need a cable which is labelled charge-only.

If you are using a fully-wired Charge & Sync cable to a PC, some devices (e.g. q9h) also need Activesync to be running before they will commence charging, and even then it will probably only do trickle rate (i.e. < 500mA)

There are some USB leads and cradles around which incorporate a Charge/Sync switch so you can choose which mode to use without resorting to the soldering iron. Not sure if anything like that is available for the Pro though.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Good thing I had a moto-q Chrarger, the official one that came with my pro won't charge.
    Just got my Replacement OEM usb cable,
    it charges fine, both at wall and pc.
    so I must have gotten a bad one originally.
    Just call me Berd.
    I just got my Treo Pro.

Love it so much until the issue of charging via USB (using Palm supplied USB cable) frustrated me.

I connect the Pro to my home computer, charging and sync went well.

I connect the Pro to my Laptop, it does not charge.

I connect the Pro to the desktop computer at work, it does not charge either.

Why make life so difficult?
    Quote Originally Posted by scenicmmx View Post
    I just got my Treo Pro.

Love it so much until the issue of charging via USB (using Palm supplied USB cable) frustrated me.

I connect the Pro to my home computer, charging and sync went well.

I connect the Pro to my Laptop, it does not charge.

I connect the Pro to the desktop computer at work, it does not charge either.

Why make life so difficult?
    I just tried mine on the following laptops - ThinkPad, Fujitsu LifeBook and Dell D620, no issue with charging. How old is your laptop?

Make sure you DIRECTLY connect to the USB Port on the laptop, not via a USB bridge (it would allow multiple USB ports out of one connection - It does not work on mine in that configuration)
    My Laptop is a MacBook.

I used to be able to charge my O2 and Imate phone via the Macbook USB.
    (NO intention of sync coz different system). I can't do it with the Palm.

As for my Desktop at home, it is an ACER. Slow but still charged.
    At work, it is HP. This one not charging at all.

I work at remote location and forgot to bring my AC Charger. I thought I would be safe since I brought the USB cable.

I am trying out anothe method. Turning off the Palm and charging it.
    Maybe that might squeeze in some juice.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast