1.    #1  
    Is anyone using either of these with their Pro?
    Yep! Both. And I like it.

My today screen consists of only Today Agenda and the wireless plugin with a slightly edited Treo Alert/xcast script for weather and ringer switch indication.

Treo Alert needs a little editing to get sound for reminders. Comment out the registry check for a Treo 750 like this in REMIND.mscr:
    Code:
    # 750 needs some help getting going
    # 850 too!
    #TD = RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\TREO ALERTS", "ToggleDisplay" )
    #If ( TD = 1 )
       ToggleDisplay(ON)
    #EndIf
    Also, Treo Alert can't do LED-reminders on the Pro (yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post

My today screen consists of only Today Agenda and the wireless plugin with a slightly edited Treo Alert/xcast script for weather and ringer switch indication.

Treo Alert needs a little editing to get sound for reminders. Comment out the registry check for a Treo 750 like this in REMIND.mscr:
    Code:
    # 850 too!
    #TD = RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\TREO ALERTS", "ToggleDisplay" )
    #If ( TD = 1 )
       ToggleDisplay(ON)
    #EndIf
    I love Treo Alert, but I think I'll wait until hannip and copmany get it working right on the Pro.

Today Agenda is a good free alternative to PocketBreeze or SPB Diary.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post

Code:
    # 850 too!
    #If ( TD = 1 )
       ToggleDisplay(ON)
    #EndIf
    That's good to know.
    As long as there isn't any instability.

I, similar to you, have nothing but Treo Alert and TodayAgenda on my today screen.
    I like to see as many upcoming appointments as possible on my today screen.
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    I love Treo Alert, but I think I'll wait until hannip and copmany get it working right on the Pro.

Today Agenda is a good free alternative to PocketBreeze or SPB Diary.
    Have you heard if they have plans on making it Pro friendly?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Have you heard if they have plans on making it Pro friendly?
    Yes, I believe they will if we give it a few weeks.

Frause has actually worked with Hannip a little already to figure out what he sent in the previous post.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Yes, I believe they will if we give it a few weeks.

Frause has actually worked with Hannip a little already to figure out what he sent in the previous post.
    I believe hannip has got all the necessary information to fix the reminder sound and perhaps a few other things I've not noticed. (and FlexMail compability), but LEDs could prove to be a tough one. Apparently they are not using the standard winmo api:s.
    Maybe he can use the voicemail beacon light
    I use both and with TodayAgenda I have it set to display 3 days.
  10.    #10  
    Are you using beta 15?

Also, I take it you guys are using hidelogo too?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/02/2008 at 12:38 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Based on this thread, I thought I check out TodayAgenda.
    I appreciate the effort of the author and the fact that it is free, but there's no comparison to PocketBreeze or SPB Diary in terms of speed and functionality. It takes several seconds "Loading..." and every day I collapse or expand takes a few seconds more.
    I also set it to automatic height, but that works differently than the others: todayagenda continuously changes its height based on the info shown, while spb diary and sbsh pocketbreeze do this once (they take all available space and only update height when other plugins change).
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  12.    #12  
    Which version of Treo Alert are you guys using?

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    ...clip... I take it you guys are using hidelogo too?
    No, you guys are not using hidelogo, you're doing this:

Disable the Wireless today plugin
    clock 26-Sep-2008 03:37 by author oVan

The Wireless today plugin that links to the Comm Manager on your Palm Treo Pro is provided by HTC. On most HTC devices you can disable and/or rearrange it, however on the Treo Pro it is not in the list of today plugins.

Using a registry editor (or Total Commander) you can go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Wireless". There you'll find a dword Enabled=1, set this to 0 to disable the Wireless plugin.

Found here:
    http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...ay-plugin.aspx
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/03/2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Found the Answer to Part of my Question
    Just call me Berd.
  13.    #13  
    What version of Treo Alert Pro should I use?
    Just call me Berd.
    Beta 14 works with the ToggleDisplay change above.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2050
  15.    #15  
    Thanks,
    That's the one I ended up going with.
    does treo alert make the leds blink on the pro for missed calls and sms?
  17.    #17  
    It does on the 750.
    Not yet, on the Pro.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    Maybe he can use the voicemail beacon light
    +1 on that -- that would be better than the LED anyway IMHO.
    Talking about TodayAgenda v1.5.0 (3653). I think I've managed to tune up TodayAgenda such that I won't play with it for at least another month or two.

First, what I wanted TodayAgenda to do ...
    (1) Show about a week of appointments, without pushing CLauncher icons of the visible Today screen.
    (2) But still allow me to see as much as possible of my tasks that numbers 20+, when I want to.
    (3) Also allows me to see all the CLauncher icons if possible.

Second, the configuration I used ...
    (A) General > Next=5days;IncludeEmptyDays=On;Compact=On;
    (B) Layout > Height=205;FixedHeight=off;Indent=Off;
    (C) Task > Position=BeforeAppList;
    (D) Tasks/day titles > CollapseAllDays=On;

Third, the screenshots ...
    (i) The default today screen shows the CLauncher icons top row, since the 5 days including empty days are collapsed ...

(ii) One click on the vertical scrollbar allows the rest of CLauncher icons to be seen, three rows allocated ...

(iii) A few clicks on the day titles, displays the appointments ...

(iv) A click on the tasks (24) expands the TodayAgenda window with 2nd vertical scroll bar filling almost the whole screen....

(v) A click on the task to collapse, and a refresh of today screen gets the first/second screenshots again.

Any comments and ideas while I'm still in tuning mode, appreciated.

Yet to install TreoAlertPro on my TreoPro.
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
    Mine is set up with 3 dates displayed in the expanded mode. Since I use FlexMail, I do not display the mail icons. Nice looking though.