1.    #1  
    What in the name of anything holy were they thinking when they put the reset button on the Palm Treo where it now resides??
    It is in the stylus bay.. on the corner but just enough out of reach with the stylus where it is extremely awkward to reach or requires the back cover to be taken off.. Anyone else curious about this???
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I agree it could be a BIT closer to the edge, but once I found it, I managed to make it work.
    isn't anybody using a reset app?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    isn't anybody using a reset app?
    Yes, I do use 3rd party reset apps for software resets (like when I make a registry change).

However, if I do need to do a manual reset of a frozen screen, it only took 30 seconds to become adept at hitting the reset button with the stylus, even without touching the battery door.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  5.    #5  
    yes I understand the reset button CAN be found with searching of the stylus tip, and then,.. once found JUST BARELY are we able to reset the device.
    My question... WHY?
    Why should I have to make up my own way of trying to depress the reset button on a $550.00 Phone??!!
    Shouldn't this have been thought out prior?

Seems like a last minute thought.. OH YEAH>>> a reset button!!

poor design... sorry... It's $550.00!

and on a side note.. many many many many many many many many.. times a WM device requires a press of the "button" due to lock ups.. what good is a software app that does this if you can't get to the software app???
    I guess I figured Pro users weren't having lockup issues.
    I can't even remember the last time I've had a lockup with my 750.
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow!

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/sear...archid=7898327

Sorry to hear you're having a lot of issues.
    I sure hope you're the exception.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    yes I understand the reset button CAN be found with searching of the stylus tip, and then,.. once found JUST BARELY are we able to reset the device.
    My question... WHY?
    Why should I have to make up my own way of trying to depress the reset button on a $550.00 Phone??!!
    Shouldn't this have been thought out prior?

Seems like a last minute thought.. OH YEAH>>> a reset button!!

poor design... sorry... It's $550.00!

and on a side note.. many many many many many many many many.. times a WM device requires a press of the "button" due to lock ups.. what good is a software app that does this if you can't get to the software app???
    I disagree. I think the design is actually quite thoughtful. For example, it takes less time and effort to pull out the stylus and hit the Pro button than it did to undo the mini-SD flap on the 750. Other devices are even worse - where the battery cover actually needs to be removed.

The only device that was much easier is the ipaq 910, where reset is on top of the device - but then again, I had that phone for a month and there is a reason it needed a readily accessable reset button

In any case, so far, the only lockup on my Pro was due to a 3rd party app, which fixed itself when removed. (knock on wood)
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net