1.    #1  
    The activesync software never would install from the Treo on my XP Pro desktop, so I tried to connect via Bluetooth, since I already had Activesync set up on this computer. Now the Treo Pro syncs via bluetooth, but is not seen via usb.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Try connecting by USB and using the 'Connect' wizard in ActiveSync (File, Connection Settings, Connect...).

(Make sure 'Allow USB connections' is checked first)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Try connecting by USB and using the 'Connect' wizard in ActiveSync (File, Connection Settings, Connect...).

(Make sure 'Allow USB connections' is checked first)
    Had already tried that, but tried it again, and no luck. I think that perhaps the driver was never correctly installed on my desktop machine. Oddly, the Treo is seen by Activesync and syncs perfectly with Bluetooth. When the USB connection is made, the Treo "dings" and goes to the screens advising that it is setting up the sync software, but no screen ever appears on the desktop.

I already had Activesync 4.5 installed on the desktop. I am not sure why the Treo Pro would not have connected with it automatically via usb, without the necessity of installing any new software. The desktop is an XP machine, not Vista.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
  4.    #4  
    Under PC Setup in Settings, I changed the setting from "Set Up My PC" to "Syncronize" and it connected via USB immediately.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried to Sync with their PC via BT? For some firewall reasons I cannot use USB or any other direct connect. I want to verify that this can be done before looking at ordering one.

Thanks

PS: Sorry to hijack the thread.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Has anyone tried to Sync with their PC via BT? For some firewall reasons I cannot use USB or any other direct connect. I want to verify that this can be done before looking at ordering one.

Thanks

PS: Sorry to hijack the thread.
    See my original post in this thread. Got the BT connection through activesync with no problems. My only problem (now solved) was connecting through usb.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post
    See my original post in this thread. Got the BT connection through activesync with no problems. My only problem (now solved) was connecting through usb.
    Oops sorry, Thanks I missed that.

One step closer to the Treo pro.

PS: Just got another E-Mail from Palm, saying "now shipping"