1.    #1  
    Was very happy with my 680 and later centro, now bought treo pro... and i don't like wm6 as much as Palm OS, it is very difficult to use Scandinavian character, specially the o with a line trough, dos anyone know if it is possible to install MoDaCo_Shadow_XT9_Language_Pack_1.1.CAB ore any other launch pack, then i hope it will correct while typing ?
    ore better dos any one know a way to change the order in witch the character appears when pressing the alt key in sms ? (now i have to hit 25 times on the 5 way button after pressing the "alt" key to get the o with a line trough )
    SMS is a very important thing for me also missing smiley shortcut, easy access to new sms
    Positive thing is tomtom 7 witch is great
    I can recommend AE Keyboard Mapper.
    I've remapped option+a to [aa], option+l to [ae], option+k to [oe]. (Can't get the forum to display the right characters...)
    This setup sped up my typing considerably. I've yet to find a good way to get their capital counterparts, but those are not needed as often and I've gotten used to it.
    Last edited by frause; 09/30/2008 at 09:56 AM.
    Why dont you try MagiKB lite. It allows to you map two more keys to any single key making it total three keys per key - one regular press, one press and hold, and one double press. I had to enter every key manually through, but I think its worth it. BTW, Treo 750's keyboard lock has a known issue with this software. Hopefully Treo Pro wont be affected by it.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Why dont you try MagiKB lite. It allows to you map two more keys to any single key making it total three keys per key - one regular press, one press and hold, and one double press. I had to enter every key manually through, but I think its worth it. BTW, Treo 750's keyboard lock has a known issue with this software. Hopefully Treo Pro wont be affected by it.
    Second vote for MagiKBLite. I map a hold to the shift character and the double press to the option character.

Plus it also has a function that allows copy+paste even in situations where the context menu does not have that option.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  5.    #5  
    That looks like a good idea, with a help program !
    It is okay with ae and aa because then i only have to pres alt key and a then i can choose ae but that not possible with the o with a line through, that's why change alt line up was easy
    Other strange thing is that the o with a line trough is with large charters then it look funny like if writing mOre instead of more
    Funny why they have adapted the the whole sms function from the palm, with smiley easy new sms, and strange if entering more than one receipt you have to manually insert ; contacts.
    You are right. There are no o-with-slash in the alt-list. They are on the software keyboard though.
    So I believe your only option is a third party program.

EDIT: The O-with-slash (slashO?) in the alt-list might not be the slasho you want. I think it might map to unicode U+2300 (diameter sign). And that is not what you want.
    Last edited by frause; 10/01/2008 at 07:36 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Installed MagiKB Lite and it worked perfect, until i needed another special character the ! 0re in fact any other charter on the "alt" key list; when MagiKB Lite is installed the 5 way button don't work on the "alt" key list, any suggestion to solv that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ospdk View Post
    Installed MagiKB Lite and it worked perfect, until i needed another special character the ! 0re in fact any other charter on the "alt" key list; when MagiKB Lite is installed the 5 way button don't work on the "alt" key list, any suggestion to solv that ?
    You need to install the Hook Manger program (HookMgr 1.0.cab) from the Mobiion web site first, before installing MagiKB.

Doing so, prevents the ALT key issue and Treos. The same was true on the Treo 700wx and 750 models.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  9.    #9  
    Thanks levinda, that solved my problem !!!!!!