1.    #1  
    sorry I'm new to WM, so I'm surprised SPB, one company owns so many WM software. Originally I plan to buy spb backup, spb mobile shell, then I find spb diary and spb pocket plus are also interesting.

So my questions:

1) What is the different between spb mobile shell and spb pocket plus, which is better?

2)Spb diary is the best PIM?

3)Spb finance is the best one to sync with microsoft money?

Can someone help me on this? And what spb software are you using? thanks a million!
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    sorry I'm new to WM, so I'm surprised SPB, one company owns so many WM software. Originally I plan to buy spb backup, spb mobile shell, then I find spb diary and spb pocket plus are also interesting.

So my questions:

1) What is the different between spb mobile shell and spb pocket plus, which is better?

2)Spb diary is the best PIM?

3)Spb finance is the best one to sync with microsoft money?

Can someone help me on this? And what spb software are you using? thanks a million!
    1) Spb mobile shell is intended to replace the today screen. It works best if you link it to the start button, so every time you press that button you get the full screen experience of mobile shell. It is touch/finger friendly and contains most functionality to operate the device. Mobile shell still contains the today plugin from previous versions, but it is disabled by default and almost not configurable.
    Pocket plus is a fully customizable today plugin, and some extra tools & tweaks for your device.
    2) I've switched between Spb Diary and SBSH PocketBreeze a few times, and also the free alternatives like MohairSofa Calendar+. SBSH PocketBreeze is fully customizable, Spb Diary is restricted in customization but has a much nicer gui. Try them both and compare...
    3) No experience with any soft other than Spb Finance in stand-alone mode.

ps: Spb backup is very good, but the Treo Pro already contains Sprite Backup and from what I've seen it is working fine too. Maybe you don't need the Spb version.

pps: I also used Spb Time and Spb Phone Suite, but these don't seem to work correctly on the 320x320 screen yet.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'm using Spb Mobile Shell on my Pro. Works like a charm. It's SO much better than the Windows Mobile interface!!!!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    I use Mobile Shell and Weather and I love them both. I tried Pocket Plus, Online and a couple of others. Too much bling on the screen for me. I settled back to the first two.
    Is anyone having problems with SPD Time like me? The screen is off center and it is stuck at the stopwatch feature when running the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by crabkilla View Post
    Is anyone having problems with SPD Time like me? The screen is off center and it is stuck at the stopwatch feature when running the app.
    Yes, spb time doesn't work on 128dpi devices. You can use the d-pad to navigate around though, but this is not how it's supposed to be.

Have a look at Fizz products: http://www.fizzsoftware.com/products.html
    They have a nice alarm application, it's not exactly the same as spb time in functionality, but it might be what you're looking for.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I have Winterface by Vito Technology on my Treo Pro. You should check it out.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    I really like the SPB Shell. I like the interface on my T-Mo wing, but had to remove it due to the fact that I lose my "X" button function. I must have this due to pin for exchange. I tried to get information on how to get it back but never got an answer from anyone on this.
    If I knew that it would actually work on my Treo without having to run RealVGA and I could get my "X" button back, it would be on my machine in a flash.
    Some good news and some bad news

SPB Phone suite works perfectly if you switch to 96dpi mode, but then you can use SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.2 anymore. I've read somewhere that Mobile Shell 2.1.0 does work in 96dpi, but that means using an older version and no updates anymore. SPB Time still doesn't display correctly in 96dpi mode
    If you wish to use Pocket Plus, there is a public beta on the SPB forums, which does support 320x320.

Note that if you wish to enable smart scrolling, you must delete the HTC Touchflo registry keys under HKLM\Software\OEM or PockPlus will assume the Treo Pro has TouchFlo and not enable the scrolling as an option! Wonder why the registry key is there, when this device clearly does not have the HTC Touchflo interface.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Spb Mobile Shell seems to come highly recommended.

I'm just curious about the phrase on their website, when talking about the menu, 'It is designed for one-handed navigation', whereas I had got the impression the main mode of use was to hold it in one hand and tap with the other.

I do prefer to be able to use my Pro one-handed, plus it always looks a bit nerdy to tap away with a stylus or finger. Can it all be used by the hardware keys?