Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Just bought this cradle. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GEX1RS

Looks just like this new one from BoxWave, only a LOT cheaper: http://www.boxwave.com/products/desk...radle_3195.htm

I reviewed the BoxWave one for my Mogul and really liked it. http://www.mytodayscreen.com/the-box...the-htc-mogul/ (That was the one without the extra battery, too.)

Hope this one is just as good.

I'll post when I get it.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    this has a charger too
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Has an AC charger, sync cable, and extra battery charge-slot.
    It looks the same as the BoxWave. BoxWave rebrands some decent stuff but jacks up the price.
    If this is the same, I'm guessing it will be a very solid and reasonably priced cradle. If I like it I'll buy a second one for my office.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Very tempting, might have to order this!
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    Nice find. I just ordered one.
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    I've got one. It works as advertised.

The spare battery charger in the back seems to charge slowly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    I've got one. It works as advertised.

The spare battery charger in the back seems to charge slowly though.
    I got the Centro version when it came out (possibly the same one) and the rear battery slot never fully charged a battery. I think 85% was probably the highest it ever got, even overnight or longer. Tried several batteries that had no problem charging to 100% in the phone, but would not fully charge in the rear slot.

I ended up getting Seidio's version which worked fine.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Got my cradle in the mail today. Just as I thought, seems to be identical to the BoxWave--i.e., made on the same assembly line--that I've previously owned for my Mogul.

Build quality is nice and solid. Seems to be syncing and charging well. My second battery was almost already fully charged, so the secondary charge slot seems to be handling the trickle charging well.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    It doesn't look like it would work well with the 2600 extended battery on the phone. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    It doesn't look like it would work well with the 2600 extended battery on the phone. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.
    I don't have the extended battery (yet), but I don't think it would work well with this cradle.

There's a plastic support/rest on bottom to help to keep the device standing upright. From pix of the battery, it wouldn't fit in the slot. Perhaps if someone modified the support it would, but I'd especially want the support for the heavier battery/device.
    Does it work with stock headset i.e. use the ac charger for charging and use micro-usb port to connect the stock headset? If yes, then I would buy one since I was thinking of getting micro-usb splitter for office and this would be a better solution.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    that would be awesome in the office to charge and listen while on the cradle.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    Does it work with stock headset i.e. use the ac charger for charging and use micro-usb port to connect the stock headset? If yes, then I would buy one since I was thinking of getting micro-usb splitter for office and this would be a better solution.
    Just tried this and it does NOT work. The connector is a miniUSB, not microUSB like the stock headsets. Bummer. Someone really needs to find a mini to micro USB adapter that works for the 800w.
    I can't tell by the pictures but does it charge from the wall and sync from the computer all at once? Does it need to be plugged into the computer to charge the battery in the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Just tried this and it does NOT work. The connector is a miniUSB, not microUSB like the stock headsets. Bummer. Someone really needs to find a mini to micro USB adapter that works for the 800w.
    So will a miniUSB to 3.25 converter work with this dock, then?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So will a miniUSB to 3.25 converter work with this dock, then?
    I'd test it if I had one. Don't think that I do. Will check my box of cables/adapters, etc. when I get home later.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    How's it compare to this one which is about the same price:

mobi-products-cradle-w-spare-battery-slot

It looks like the mobi one is missing the additional plastic support piece to hold the 800 in place. Is this a problem with securely holding the phone in place? Any other pros or cons between the two? I like to support TreoCentral by purchasing from them whenever possible.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I saw that one too, although after I bought the other one.
    Aesthetically, the plastic support brace seems to be the difference. Can't speak to the electronics.
    I feel a bit better, though, with that support to brace my device, FWIW.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Wifey gave me one for my B-day and so far I like it!
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast