1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

I am considering the Treo Pro. I currently have a 750 with AT&T. I am wondering what must be done if I get the Pro in order for it to work properly. I know I put the sim card into it, but are other settings required to have everything work, such as text messages, media messages etc.
    I've never had an unlocked phone before so I'd like to know what's required beforehand. I haven't had good luck with AT&T tech support in the past and dread an endless string of phone calls to get the Pro to work correctly?

Any input/advice?

Thanks,
    Shannon
    the sim card has everything you need to get up and running
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I got my phone last Friday, walked into the AT&T store and got an account. The Pro worked perfectly as soon as I popped in the SIM. No manual config needed.
    I was using a BB Curve on AT&T. Got my Treo Pro on Friday and just popped in the SIM card and I was up and running. No configuration needed.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Same here. I was running a Tilt before the Pro. Once I got my Treo today, popped the SIM card in, the Treo recognized it and it auto-configured everything for voice and data... amazing stuff. No need to do anything from my side.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
  6.    #6  
    I have to say those responses are a relief. Thanks everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    Hi folks,

I am considering the Treo Pro. I currently have a 750 with AT&T. I am wondering what must be done if I get the Pro in order for it to work properly. I know I put the sim card into it, but are other settings required to have everything work, such as text messages, media messages etc.
    I've never had an unlocked phone before so I'd like to know what's required beforehand. I haven't had good luck with AT&T tech support in the past and dread an endless string of phone calls to get the Pro to work correctly?

Any input/advice?

Thanks,
    Shannon
    Went from Cingular/ATT 750 to Pro today. SIM card and sync, and a flawless transition with all settings in less than 10 minutes. No worries, mate.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.